• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Activation Question

So I am going to be replacing my Droid with a Incredible. Here is my situation:

1. My Droid has been acting up ever since my girlfriend fell asleep on it (it was under her pillow all night on the charger). Woke up the next day to a molten hot phone. VZW told me that I could have it switched out for a replacement, so I plan on doing that tomorrow.

2. I used my fathers upgrade on his line to buy the Incredible. He currently has a Blackberry, so at the time of check out I had to select a different data plan to buy the Incredible.

3. I want to sell the new replacement Droid on ebay, along with all the accessories I bought for it.

Now here is what will happen...Tomorrow I will be having the replacement activated on my line. Afterward, I will then activate the Incredible on my fathers line. Immediately after, I will then deactivate the Incredible on that line and reactivate his Blackberry. At this point I am guessing I will have to go online and switch the Data Package back to the Blackberry version correct? After that, I will deactivate the Droid on MY line and then activate the Incredible

My question to you guys is....will this all work? Will VZW harass me if they notice all these activations and especially the deactivation of a replacement phone I just got? Thanks for your time.

It will work. Same thing happened to me when my omnia broke.

The replacement droid they will send u will not be activated out of the box, so u can go ahead and sell that right away.

For ur dad's line, u dont even have to deactivate his Blackberry. As soon as u get the incredible, call verizon to have it activated on UR LINE. you need to give them the phone's MEID (identifier for CDMA network). Since ur plan is compatible with the incredible it should be no prob.

However the only thing u should do is, have ur dad call verizon to make sure they dont swich his plan. Tell them that he doesnt like the incredible and he gave it to his son.

Reactions: MikeRocks2112
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info darewinder. I left out a little more information about the replacement situation. A week ago I went into the store and they replaced the battery for me. Replacing the battery did work, but I did want a whole new phone. They said if the issue persists then just come back next week and we will give you a replacement Droid. They couldn't give me one at the time because they were out of stock. So I am going back to the same store tomorrow to get the replacement. Because of that, I will have no other choice but to activate the replacement in store.

Do you think I could just call VZW directly and tell them my story plus throw in the fact that I just had surgery, making me unable to get the replacement in store (really did just have knee surgery lol)? That way I could do what you suggested.

My only question about that is what happens when I call to activate the Incredible on my line while there is a pending shipment of a new replacement Droid on the way? Will they deny activation because of that or will it not even make a difference? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones