Incredible Alzheimers?Support

Last Updated:

1. km2002

km2002 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 25, 2010
    I have a problem with my HTC Incredible. It appears that the phone forgets it has an 8GB SD card installed; it forgets where certain files are located, replacing their icons with the Android Market icon; this morning it tried to display an icon label beside the icon rather than below it. On top of that, the weather widget tried to display information behind the current condition representation rather than beside it. The problem is intermittent, however: After ignoring the phone for a few hours, everything seemed restored to normal: Program icons appeared where I'd placed them, the weather widget displayed normally, everything seemed fine. But as I write this, the phone is displaying Market icons where it shouldn't. And when I tried to change a notification ringtone, none of the SD card sounds were available. I've tried removing and reinstalling the card -- again, the results were intermittent. I'm not getting the mystery "SD card has been removed" warning; but I noticed on that thread the suggestion to reformat the card as FAT32. Well, mine's already FAT32. And supposedly, there's still about 3/4 of the card available.

This strikes me as highly irregular. Anyone else encounter this? How did you get past it?

Thanks all.