Incredible and changing ESNGeneral

Last Updated:

1. krazy4buffett

krazy4buffett Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I'm a long-time lurker...this forum is why I got the Eris and now the Incredible! Only my second time to post but I have found all your info entertaining and/or informative so I was hoping someone could help me too! I currently have an Eris and my husband was up for his upgrade. I used his upgrade to purchase the Incredible online. Now, I want to switch my Eris to the Incredible. I see on the Verizon website where I can change the ESN of the phone number I use but I'm wondering if this will still allow me to use his upgrade or if it is going to charge my line with the difference between the cash price and the upgrade price. We are on the family share program. I hope this makes sense!

Advertisement
  2. zanza

zanza Well-Known Member

probably you can just activate it on your line

3. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Should be able to with no problems. I'll let you know tomorrow because I am doing the exact same thing.

4. COACHZ

COACHZ New Member

Similar circumstance, I upgraded not on my number. I called today and they told me it would be okay to activate the phone on any of my numbers. I am still a little skeptical. I friend upgraded last year and was told at the store to activate it on the upgrade number and then switch it after 24 hours to avoid being charged full price for the phone.

5. krazy4buffett

krazy4buffett Member This Topic's Starter

I was worried about this, but I got a nice CSR that told me what to do so that wouldn't happen!

I had the phone sitting in front of me charged and ready to go and couldn't stand it any longer! What I had to do was call the activate the phone on the 1-877 number and say I accepted the new 2-year contract but that I didn't wish to activate phone at this time. I then switched the ESN number online then did *228 from the Incredible! It works and lemme tell you it is WAY better than the Eris...I love it already! Thanks for those of you that answered.