Incredible and kindle fireGeneral

1. soulfulms

soulfulms Member

hi everyone...

my KF connects to my INCR phone through the Mobile Hotspot...but, I am unable to access the internet???:confused:

I'm not so much tech savvy...so please, cut me some slack...:D

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

The hotspot isn't set up properly, but without seeing it anything would be just a wild guess. Start over and set it up again.
  3. soulfulms

soulfulms Member

ok...i'll try doing that...thanks
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Would need more info to troubleshoot further... what hotspot app are you using? Are you rooted? Do you have a tethering plan? Are you tethering through Bluetooth or WiFi? The more info the better :)
  5. soulfulms

soulfulms Member

hi...I'm not using a hotspot app...just used my phone and turned on 3G Mobile Hotspot...my Kindle shows that we are connected but when I try to access the internet on KF it says I don't have access to the websites...I also have my WIFI turned on KF???

should I be using an app...if so, which one...thanks for responding:confused:
  6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Do you have a tethering plan from Verizon? Are you rooted/running a custom ROM? The built in tethering app won't work unless you meet either criteria
  7. soulfulms

soulfulms Member

my service is from Page Plus (Kitty Wireless) and it is rooted...I don't have a tethering plan that I know of...just data ability??
  8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

do you know what version of android that you are running?
  9. soulfulms

soulfulms Member

yes..2.3.4
  10. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide