Incredible and Lotus NotesSupport

Last Updated:

1. schroeds7

schroeds7 New Member This Topic's Starter

I want to buy the incredible, but I need to be able to use Lotus notes for my corporate email. Is there anything that I can do to get Lotus not on the Droid incredible??? Please help I hate my blackberry!!

THANKS!

Advertisement
  2. Darthkim

Darthkim Member

If your company doesn't allow POP3 and SMTP access to your Domino Servers, your only other option is to ask them to go with Good Mobile Messaging (similar to BES for Blackberry). There are some costs involved by doing this + licensing, but it's probably the only way.

Unfortunately, Lotus and mobile access have always been somewhat difficult.

3. pw-man

pw-man Well-Known Member

or if you can either get your IT folks to load it, or just have your office PC able to be running. you can try mNotes from Commontime (just google)... Great desktop/wireless (push) sync... Bit expensive, but great support...

I am not currently using on Andriod (currently a WinMo lurker), but have been using for 7-8 years at least...

4. wjdunn3

wjdunn3 Member

The company I work for doesn't allow outside imap or pop access so here is how I did it.... I created a gmail acct just for my work email. I created a "filter" or rule in Notes that auto forwards all incoming mail (as it comes in) to my gmail acct. I use the gmail app on the phone and get damn near instant replication to the phone. Works great.

I can get more detail tomorrow when at work on exactly how I setup the auto forward if you like.

schroeds7 likes this.
  5. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

Exactly what I did on my BB (until we finally moved on from Lotus).

6. andydrew

andydrew Active Member

Another option is Touchdown with Traveler. But of course your company would need to install an IBM Traveler server and make it accessible to mobile devices. The Traveler server syncs the emails, calendar, contacts from Lotus Notes and syncs them to your handheld via ActiveSync. Then you pickup your email via Touchdown on your DINC.

This allows true 'push' email from Lotus Notes to your DINC. And your calendar and contacts sync also. Closest that you are going to get to the functionality that a BlackBerry and BES provides.

7. schroeds7

schroeds7 New Member This Topic's Starter

if you reply to an incoming email via the gmail account, does it go back through lotus notes or does it reply with your gmail account?

THANKS!

8. wjdunn3

wjdunn3 Member

No, it replies from your gmail acct. But, in gmail you can set it up to put your work email addr on your reply.

9. Superbad

Superbad Well-Known Member

I did the same and it works like a charm. You can even set up the Gmail account you have created for your work email to send email as your work email address.

Only problem I've run in to is that when sending/replying from this Gmail account it will show your work email as the From address but also include "Sent by" with your Gmail address. This is problematic because when people reply to your email Lotus Notes will now add that address to their address book and next time they go to email you in Notes it might default to your Gmail address rather than your work address.

Anyone encountered this and have a workaround? The simple workaroud is getting access to your SMTP server but that's why I'm doing these workarounds in the first place!

10. libbycm

libbycm New Member

The Lotus Notes traveler app for Android should be out this month.. I work for a well known chemical company and we are supposed to have it by mid-month... at least that is what I am hearing. Should solve these issues...