Incredible and your iPod DockAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've got a Harman/Kardon Drive + Play set up in my car so I can listen to my iPod through an older car stereo. I found THIS CABLE allowing me to connect the Incredible to my iPod male connection. It sounds fantastic. I can now listen to Last.fm and my entire home mp3 collection via Subsonic while in the car. I'm very excited and thought I would share in case anyone else is looking for something like this. It also works with many home iPod docks.

Advertisement
  2. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

That cable doesn't charge the Incredible though, right? It just allows for connection through the headphone jack.

3. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

Good find but omg $40 for a cable?????? That is outrageous. This phone is already $200 plus you have to buy the extended battery....then a cable too. I guess its worth it if you listen to radio a lot but my car has a stereo so ill hold off until there is a cheaper one.

4. Asterdroid

There actually is another one on that website. Here's the link. You need to buy two cables to do it with the other one. *Disclaimer: I can't guarantee the other one works as I haven't tried it, but it should.

Here are the two cables you would need:
    Universal Dock Converter
    Audio Patch Cable

The reason I spent the 40 bucks is because I have a 2 hour commute each way. Now I can listen to my entire 200gig music collection AND last.fm from the same device. Well worth it, in my opinion.

Smabbage likes this.
  5. Asterdroid

Correct. It doesn't charge it. I had mine hooked up to both my car charger, and my ipod dock as I was driving this morning. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality from both Subsonic and Last.fm through the cable rig.

6. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

That's a great idea, I have an Ipod dock that will let me plug in and aux cable but sounds awful compared to the Ipod dock. Would be great to directly conect my Incredible but for $40 it's a little too steep . I'll wait for a $20 - option

7. Asterdroid

I think you were writing this post while I posted the $20 option :D

8. wolfeprop9599

wolfeprop9599 New Member

9. Asterdroid

For what it's worth, if you're planning on using it for a sound dock that's power is controlled by the iPod, you will need to get the $40 cable. It has special circuitry (not sure about the specifics) that powers up docks like the Bose SoundDock. The cheaper cables won't work for that type of dock.

10. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

Just ordered the $20 option. Should know if a week or so if it works. :)

11. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member

Likewise. It seems like a great idea honestly.

I have an FM adapter for AUX and one for an iPod, and the iPod's sounds a thousand times better and clearer via the dock than the AUX, so hopefully this is better!

12. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

i have a sony head unit that that has an aux input and mine sounds fine since i have the option to boost the aux decibles with the head unit

13. SDotNY

SDotNY Well-Known Member

I have a similar issue but I use this bluetooth adapter that was once sold thru bestbuy.. works flawlessly with my Inc and my Bose Dock, and my sony home theatre dock. I tried to use it in the car with the Ipod hookup and the audio transmits via bluetooth, just extremely low. Any tips?:confused:

[​IMG]

14. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

I got my iPod dock adapter yesterday (aka the $20 option) and it functions perfectly. Now I can listen to Pandora through the car's head unit. AWESOME! :)