Support Incredible automatically bump charges?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sharp, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Sharp

Sharp New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Hey, new member, and newer owner of an Incredible. Phone is stock, I've had it for maybe 10 weeks now, been lurking since I decided to get one.

I always have my phone plugged in over night, and one night I noticed that the screen came on for no reason, stayed on for a few seconds, and then went off. It did it a few times off and on. I thought it was a little weird, but didn't think too much about it, until just now.

I'm sitting next to my phone, plugged in, and the screen comes on again for no reason. It had been plugged in for awhile then, and when the screen lit up, I happened to glance at the battery status bar, and noticed that it did not show that it was plugged in. Now, maybe 30 min later, the battery bar shows that it is plugged in and full.

Could my Inc be self-bump charging? My phone is so new that it came with Froyo on it already (unless the Verizon guy downloaded it when he set the phone up)

Has anyone else noticed this at all? I've always had good battery life... I can usually make it through the whole day without hitting orange (12 hours+), with plenty of texting, some youtube videos, facebook, Daily(comic)Strip, and checking email and weather, plus Angry Birds. And I've never really bump charged.

Advertisement

2. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2010
    retail... bleh
    Sacramento, CA
    Weird. I've never had that happen before.

3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    IT
    Toledoish
    kinda sounds like its rebooting itself? which could in theory "bump" charge it?

4. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Utah
    My wife's new Incredible did that. Go to Menu->Settings->Applications->Development and see if "Stay Awake" is checked. Her's was, and once I unchecked it, it didn't do that anymore.

5. Sharp

Sharp New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Mine is unchecked.

6. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Utah
    Hmm, sounds like maybe an app waking the phone up then. Not sure the best way to figure out what app it might be though.

7. Sharp

Sharp New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    It just did it again... Plugged in and charging normally, screen lights up, and battery icon shows it's unplugged. Orange notification light is still on.

Go into about phone -> battery and it says the battery is discharging.

Maybe a minute later, the screen lights up again, and says the battery is charging.

It happens when the battery is near full, maybe 90%.

8. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Maybe you have a loose charging connection, or bad cable, and it's actually not charging for a little bit, then you move it or jiggle it a little and it connects again.

9. Sharp

Sharp New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    The orange charging light was on the whole time, so I know it was plugged in and working. Unless it's an internal thing...

10. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Critical Infrastructure Protection Bureau, Office
    Brick, NJ
    yeah this is a problem a lot of us are having, with no answer really. mine will randomly do the same exact thing for no reason, but when i notice it, i just pull out the plug and plug it back in lol then it starts to charge again