Incredible back coverSupport

Last Updated:

1. t0ddkrupa

t0ddkrupa Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys was just wondering if your noticing the back cover just ever so slightly loosening up.i feel like its coming apart just barely or loosening just a bit and idk if its gonna get worse. I certainly hope it doesn't but have u guys experienced anything like this and if so have you done anything about it or have u just let it be?

Advertisement
  2. t0ddkrupa

Btw I still have a google voice invite left if someone wants it. First to say so gets it

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

nah mines on there tight.. almost too tight

4. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I haven't felt this with mine, although i keep it in a protective case at all times so that may be why.

5. pirinolsky

pirinolsky Well-Known Member

I'd love tht Google voice invite. Let me know please.

6. pirinolsky

pirinolsky Well-Known Member

7. t0ddkrupa

sent pirino

8. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

I've begun to notice this. The back case is a little creaky for whatever reason. I've had my Incredible since Apr. 29th.

9. silentronin

silentronin Active Member

it's funny you mention that. i was just thinking the same thing earlier today. just noticed today that the side next to usb port creaks sometimes. not too much of a nuisance yet though.

10. waxings

waxings Active Member

What I found works real good is that white plumbers tape. You can also get the pink kind that is a little thicker. I think it is a little better if you can find it.

Put the tape on the door near the areas that you are having then problems. Problem solved.

11. ghess517

ghess517 Member

is aggravating to me to have to open up the cover to get to the sd card. had to change from 1gig to 2 gig card. did notice a bit of the looseness though on the cover. but i keep mine in hard cover all the time. surprized i havent busted the camera lens off yet.

12. mario8267

mario8267 Well-Known Member

This has been driving me nuts!! I'm glad someone posted something about it...... I'm gonna try to mess with it tonight and see what I can come up with.

13. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Mine has been creaking for awhile too. Poor design imho.

14. snoopy41

snoopy41 New Member

same here. I have a tight fitting case and after opening it up a couple of times the case started creaking a lot.

15. Wiggin21

Wiggin21 Well-Known Member

this is why a new 3rd party case is NEEDED. the entire side of the backplate that meets the front on the side creaks whenever i touch it. its a sign of cheapness that i utterly despise.

16. HTCIncredible

HTCIncredible Well-Known Member

Mines on tight...its hard to get off its so tight.

17. KSISS

KSISS Member

Yes...mine was doing the same thing on the upper right hand side, opposite of the volume toggle. It would not completely close...so you can see just a little bit of the red underneath....and more annoyingly it creaked every time I picked up the phone or touched anywhere near that location. It made my "top of the line" smart phone feel and SOUND cheap. It annoyed me so much that I actually went to Verizon and ordered a new back cover for it (couldn't get it replaced since I was past 30 days). This back cover still comes a little loose in the same spot...but not nearly as bad as the other one.

It kills me, the way they designed the back door on this phone. It's so cheap to have a "pry-off" back cover. I'd expect that from a $50 phone, not a flagship smartphone. My old LG dare had a higher quality battery door system than this one. It slid on, and firmly held it's place.

Everything else about this phone is just about perfect...that's why it's so annoying that they designed such a cheap battery cover. /rant :D

18. t0ddkrupa

ksiss i feel ya bud. Esp coming from the lg dare thing never made a sound or moved or anything. I hold my INC sometimes and its creaking and w/e and im just like wat the heck really? cant u just be amazing all around why do u have to have a fault.

I read above about tape, is that the best solution u guys are seeing? I was thinking something like that as well just havent had the chance to try anything out yet, and reeally i dont know what i want to shove into the back of my phone

19. terryzx

terryzx Well-Known Member

The new 2150 battery back makes that top button almost flush with the case and thus really hard to turn the phone back on

20. Duble_E

Duble_E Member

Thought I was the only one with the creaking cover. Incredibly annoying to hear it, every time I rotate the phone and definitely takes away from the experience.

21. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Indeed it does!

22. ctrlhomer

ctrlhomer New Member

I have the same problem, but what I did was just used a small narrowly folded piece of paper allow the upper side from the sd slot. Seems to be working but still its a pretty cheesy way to solve a minor design flaw. Now I just need to figure out a way so my case does not kept peeling my shield protector.

23. neyel8r

neyel8r Well-Known Member

i concur. sometimes i don't have the usb cable around to hook it up to the pc & it's rather annoying to have to take the cover off to get to the sd card so i can put it in my usb card reader...

24. SFive

SFive Member

Mine started creaking recently.

Conveniently, here at my desk at work, I have 1.5"x2" sticky notes. I placed 3 sheets (still stuck together) on the inside of my back plate horizontally (stick to the plate, not the battery). The bottom of the sticky note is parallel to the SD slot).

It fits perfectly and is such an easy (ghetto) fix. But it works! No more creaking.