Incredible back order and arrivalGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Dr3amWif3y

Dr3amWif3y Member This Topic's Starter

So I went into a VZW store on May 10th and ordered an HTC Incredible, thinking that I would go to the store and walk out with a new phone, but I was wrong. They said the phone was on back order until May 29th, so I wouldn't receive it until then, which is 3 weeks from now. I'm just curious as to when some of you Incredible users received your phone after ordering them.

I'm not necessarily too worried about those of you that ordered yours online because I bought mine in the store, but I'm still curious.

Advertisement
  2. heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn Well-Known Member

Yes, my replacement will be in store on May 29th, they said they are expecting a HUGE shipment but are sold out until then.

3. waxings

waxings Active Member

I had a replacement ordered Tuesday. They told me the 29th. Then I called to verify that I was not getting a refurbished unit. The individual told me that they had them in stock and it would go out around noon Thursday the 13 (yesterday). Called this am to get a tracking number............ Guess what?, now they are telling me that in the my region "Orders taken on the 11th will not go out til the 1st of June"

Hope this helps? It certainly does not help me. :)

GrandMasterB and brettlewis like this.
  4. Dr3amWif3y

lol... yes it definitely does... its good to know that i'm not the only person who's IMPATIENTLY waiting for their incredible to arrive... may i ask why you guys are getting replacements though? this is not a replacement for me but its a brand new phone... just want to know if i'm setting myself up for failure...

5. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Phone is on massive back order...nobody is getting it any sooner then May 26th....whether its a new replacement or a brand new buy. VZW was not equipped to handle a release this big. But when they stock up, I'm sure they'll be plenty to go around.

6. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member

Good things will come to those that wait because you'll love the phone. I know I'd be going nuts waiting; fortunately the forces that be knew my nerves couldn't stand the wait so I pre ordered and got it quickly.

7. ANDROID_LOVER

ANDROID_LOVER Member

I ordered through customer service on 5/7 and just received my phone an hour ago. It's sitting next to me charging right now ;) All i can say is BE PERSISTENT and constantly check the tracking status through *611, and maybe they'll ship it out faster. It worked for me! good luck!

8. Rippin508

Rippin508 Well-Known Member

If were to order a replacement for mine today, I was told it would not be here until June 2nd. Also, there are no Incedibles within a 30 mile radius where I live.

9. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

There are none in the USA period I believe, every store, vender, Best Buy is sold out from the looks of things!

10. Dr3amWif3y

why is everyone getting replacement phones?

11. zhill29

zhill29 Well-Known Member

Haha, that's what I am attempting to do. I have been calling twice a day every day for the past 4 days hoping they would push me to the front, so far I don't think its helping.

12. bbonox

bbonox Active Member

I can't speak for those who ordered those from a store, but I ordered mine online on 5/7 and it said it wouldn't ship until 5/26 or 5/29 (I forget which date). The phone shipped May 11 and I got it May 12. So all hope is not necessarily lost :)

13. grokr989

grokr989 Well-Known Member

My original one kept auto scrolling to the leftmost homescreen by itself. They sent me a replacement one that I could not hear anything when on a phone conversation. The replacement was obviously a refurb since it came in a brown box and had someone else's cell number on the paperwork. I returned them both and am going to wait till June. Maybe I'll be more lucky next time.

14. slumpey

slumpey Well-Known Member

I talked to customer service today and they are in stock if your order them over the phone, they will ship the next day. They are not sold out there yet. But good luck getting them at a store.

15. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

FWIW, I'm NOT getting a replacement - I'm still on my original that arrived on 4/28 - it's worked exactly as expected for me.

16. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Mine is For Sale works great only $5,000 I will even pay overnite shipping! :D you can have it tomorrow! ;)

17. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

Same here. I also ordered my phone online on 5/7 and received it on 5/12. It seems the VZW still has enough stock to fulfill online orders, regardless of what their web site says.

18. akvtiger

akvtiger Member

I ordered over the phone on 5/9 still nothing. I call everyday and get a different answer each time. It seems they just talk out of their ass.

19. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

I also ordered mine may 10th and the store rep told me they would ship it ON OR BEFORE may 26th. He also said it is VERY likely I will receive it way before this date. They use that day as extra cushion. as many people have already said, they received their phones 2-3 weeks before the "on or before" day given to them. however, phones ordered on the 10th were at the end of the "on or before may 26" day (phones ordered 8,9,10 shipped on or before may 26), so they will probably be the last to be sent out with that "on or before" day

Called back today and they told me it hadent shipped yet, but it probably will ship in the next few days.

try to be optimistic...

20. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

This is completely asinine. Why would they pay almost $5000 for your phone when they could have mine for $4995.....

(not really, I would never part with her <3)

21. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

wait, my ego is telling me its worth it even though I have one coming to me now. Grand Master, will you take 7,000 for it?