Incredible Battery Issues...PLEASE HELP!Support

Last Updated:

1. Ganyard16

Ganyard16 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all....I am a NOOB to this site...I loved reading the posts and I am excited to join and start posting myself.

I had the moto droid for 6 months and really liked it.

I recently updated to HTC Incredible and have noticed a HUGE battery difference. The stock battery was literary needing charged twice a day because it would run down so fast. I woke this morning and in 5 minutes of no calls/texts, it ran down from 100% to 90% (courtesy of Battery Widget).

Some of the apps I have downloaded are:
    Facebook
    Tango
    TiKL
    Handcent SMS
    WinAmp
    Advanced Task Killer
    MicDroid

When i start my phone, ATK shows that 20 apps are running. They are:
    ATK
    Volume Button Controller
    NEws
    Clock
    Amazon MP3
    Google Search
    Facebook
    Handcent SMS
    Voice DIaler
    FM Radio
    Stocks
    VZ Navigator
    Brightness Level

My available memory is 245M and Auto Kill is ON.

I have recently bought the new 2150 mah battery extended battery from VZW and I was hoping to notice a big difference.

The moment I turned on the phone after charging to 100%, it drained like 10 % in 4 minutes, without even using the phone.

Now that you all know my story, ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I am trying to get the best settings and tips on what I can or cant use for battery life.

1. Do I need Advanced Task killer with Froyo? Should I use it?
    2. Do widgets run more power than just having shortcuts on the home screen?
    (I only run Calendar, Facebook, HTC Clock/Weather and Favorites widgets right now).
    3. Do the bigger programs like Tango and WinAmp run more battery than perhaps stock default programs?

Thanks again everyone for the help! I really appreciate any tips and help tp better my current phone setup!

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I would recommend ditching the auto task killer, as Froyo handles app management very well on its own, and then give it a couple days and see if you don't notice a difference.

Also, yes, widgets will use more power, however unless you have 20+ widgets running and updating, I wouldn't worry about them too much.

howarmat and Ganyard16 like this.
  3. Ganyard16

Ganyard16 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your input!

Disregard ATK huh? Great!

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Yes, DEFINITELY ditch ATK, there is no need for a task killer on any android phone, download System Panel instead to deal with programs that might get hung up. Don't worry about programs running in the background or starting up "by themselves", Android knows what it's doing and can manage it's memory on it's own without intervention from the user.

The quick 10% battery drop you are noticing happens with all Incredibles, and really with anything that runs a Lithium-ion battery for that matter. It's just some phones use software to disguise the sudden drop and on other devices, such as laptops, and such it's not as noticeable because of the larger battery and again usually is disguised.

CityGirlLuv and Ganyard16 like this.
  5. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

like stated just ditch ATK for now then report back in 3-4 days and give us an update