• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

incredible blue tooth voice command

I haven't seen much on the incredible regarding voice command. I just bought the jawbone and would like to be as hand free as possible in the car but when I try to voice dial with the jawbone I get nothing in the incredible.

This is Android wide. Can't initiate calls using a button on a bluetooth headset. Have to use the button on the phone...

Reactions: kwaping
Upvote 0
The Devour and the Canadian Droid, called the Milestone, both have Bluetooth initiated voice dialing. It's not built into Android but carriers can add third-party solutions that work great like Nuance. So far there is no indication Google will add if to the OS, even in 2.2 not is there any confirmation that Verizon is adding it to the Droid or the Incredible. As soon as they do I'll ditch my Devour.

Reactions: the_animal99
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones