• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Boot Animation

Thanks for the link. Once I get FROYO, I'll take a peek.

Yeah, let us know. If you try audio addition/removal as well.

If you want to get rid of the Drrroooid sound at bootup, try "silent boot" from the market. Fairly certain the animation can't be changed without root due to its new location in a system subfolder that are read only without Superuser. It can definitely be swapped using ADB and I'd guess Root Explorer might work too.

Yeah, Ive heard its super easy to do in Froyo with root and Root Explorer, and the adb method seems to be a bit more complex than on 2.1, and Ive heard variations in it.

I have the app installed though and will give it a shot once I get the update.

Upvote 0
If you want to get rid of the Drrroooid sound at bootup, try "silent boot" from the market. Fairly certain the animation can't be changed without root due to its new location in a system subfolder that are read only without Superuser. It can definitely be swapped using ADB and I'd guess Root Explorer might work too.

Speaking of "Drrrooooid" sound... Where is that sound bite? On my wifes Moto Droid, it is a sound bite that you can use for notification sounds, alarms, etc. I can not find it on the Incredible even though the sound is there at boot-up. Is the sound bite embedded in the animation so I cannot utilize it for things like my notification sound?

If it is embedded, I guess I can just "borrow" it off the Moto Droid. Of course my wife will gloat if I do that since she will have something on HER phone that I want on mine. *sigh*

Upvote 0
Speaking of "Drrrooooid" sound... Where is that sound bite? On my wifes Moto Droid, it is a sound bite that you can use for notification sounds, alarms, etc. I can not find it on the Incredible even though the sound is there at boot-up. Is the sound bite embedded in the animation so I cannot utilize it for things like my notification sound?

If it is embedded, I guess I can just "borrow" it off the Moto Droid. Of course my wife will gloat if I do that since she will have something on HER phone that I want on mine. *sigh*

You can download the Drrooooid ringtone (mp3) all over the net. Then use a file manager or hookup to PC in disk drive mode and create a folder called Ringtones and another called Notifications on the root of the SD card. Drop any desired mp3 files in each or both of those new folders and they will become available as ringtone/notification options on the phone from then forward, in addition to all the default options.

Upvote 0
You can download the Drrooooid ringtone (mp3) all over the net. Then use a file manager or hookup to PC in disk drive mode and create a folder called Ringtones and another called Notifications on the root of the SD card. Drop any desired mp3 files in each or both of those new folders and they will become available as ringtone/notification options on the phone from then forward, in addition to all the default options.

Iowa,

I knew I could search the net and find it. I was just hoping that it came with the OTA upgrade since the boot up animation used it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, Ive heard its super easy to do in Froyo with root and Root Explorer, and the adb method seems to be a bit more complex than on 2.1, and Ive heard variations in it.

I have the app installed though and will give it a shot once I get the update.

Yeah, it's a snap on froyo with root explorer. And the best part is that you can download the animation directly onto your phone, no pc transferring needed.

Yeah, I thought it did actually but maybe it was from custom roms that added it in? Anyway, it's easy to get it but I don't think you can borrow the one from the animation b/c it's located in a system subfolder and is read only.

It's read only so I think you can still copy it, even if you don't have root. You just can't modify the original. Anyway I was able to copy it from /system... over to the sd card with andozip, which I'm pretty sure doesn't have superuser access.

Upvote 0
It's read only so I think you can still copy it, even if you don't have root. You just can't modify the original. Anyway I was able to copy it from /system... over to the sd card with andozip, which I'm pretty sure doesn't have superuser access.

Yeah, I have copied successfully before now that you mention it. So did it work then as a ringtone? If so, I think it's in System > Customize > Resource

Going off memory though b/c I got rid of it some time ago (root).

Upvote 0
Yeah, I have copied successfully before now that you mention it. So did it work then as a ringtone? If so, I think it's in System > Customize > Resource

Going off memory though b/c I got rid of it some time ago (root).

yep, that's where it's at.

Hmmm, So I've Rooted, done S-off, flashed the 2.15 radio and the leaked froyo v3.21, swapped my boot animation and changed the splash screen. But I haven't changed my ringtone.

I don't know how to change them without root (yeah I know, I really should, but I don't), so I cheated and used root explorer. I changed file extension from .zip to .mp3 via renaming and that worked fine (I don't think that either the audio or animation are actually compressed, if i recall this thread correctly), and then dumped said file into system/media/audio/ringtones using root explorer and superuser powers. I had to reboot for it to show up in the personalize tab, But after that it worked. Of course the audio file is 3 seconds of silence and 1 second of "DROID," so stock it might not make for the best ringtone. It does get loopped automatically, so it will keep playing, but you might want to use a ringtone editor and cut out 1-2 seconds of silence.

Edit: I should mention that renaming the copy of VZW_Droid.zip doesn't require root, just maunually dumping it back into /system/.../ringtones does. So If you have an app or whatnot that lets you select an audio file on your sd card or comp as a ringtone then you should be good to go.

Edit again, I'm dumb, see below.

Upvote 0
If someone made that whole video (with out hardware specs) into a boot animation... that would be f'ing awesome

Your wish is my nightmare. Apparently that is the new start up graphic and I've now had to endure it over and over for 20 minutes. Can someone help me?! I've tried taking out the battery, I've tried holding down the volume down button on the side and it just keeps going and going. All I get are the HTC screen and the droid specs and eye and then they repeat.

Upvote 0
Your wish is my nightmare. Apparently that is the new start up graphic and I've now had to endure it over and over for 20 minutes. Can someone help me?! I've tried taking out the battery, I've tried holding down the volume down button on the side and it just keeps going and going. All I get are the HTC screen and the droid specs and eye and then they repeat.

Ok, so you're in a reboot loop. What is your current situation? Rooted or not? How did you get 2.2 on your phone exactly, OTA or other?

Upvote 0
Maybe I missed it but can anyone say for sure what the command is to replace the boot animation after the froyo update? The new boot is better but I still like the anti-apple one :cool:

+1. Though I think you have to be rooted now, right? Pretty sure I read that somewhere. Which is why I stopped looking for an answer, since I am not rooting.

I don't mind this new animation that Froyo gave us, but I really liked my previous custom one. I miss my little android guy popping his head out to say Hi when I turned my phone on.

Upvote 0
Easiest way to get boot animations on your phone.
Try this on for size :
1) Download this file PutYourBootHERE.zip ? RGhost ? file sharing
2) Make a folder called PutYourBootHERE and extract the files from above zip file into it
3) Drop a copy of the .zip file for the boot animation you want -don't even have to rename it, the batch will rename it for you- into the PutYourBootHERE folder
4) Run the .bat file
5) Enjoy your new boot
6) Hit Thanks >>>

If you get a 'device not found error' make sure to run the HTC Sync app, that will make sure you have all the drivers you need installed.

Does this work after Froyo, or do I have to use the sdk method?

I know this way was really easy, but idk if it still works

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones