• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Boot Animation

Ok, I added a little bit to b00sted4fun's original animation...I changed the resolution to 480x800...let me know what you think!

boot.gif

bootanimation.zip

this one is AWESOME. is it confirmed that it works? will try when i get home

Upvote 0
i fiddled with it a little and removed the incredible part in the beginning so it would have time to do the eye and it is super laggy on the eye. only thing i can think of is the file size of the eye .png cause the incredible part played smooth as silk. i am pretty new at this but i seem to learn best by just jumping in with the big dogs lol.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
who bout making it alive a live wallpaper...that would be better!?

That's exactly what I'm after.
A nice Matrix Live Wallpaper.
I prefer the same red code & animation from the Droid Incredible commercial,
but again, A nice Matrix Live wallpaper will do.
Everything I've found just doesn't do it for me.

I still want to change my bootup animation to it.
Slicker than the VZW bootup animation.

Upvote 0
OK...ask and you shall receive! Here it is with the eye part bigger!

bootanimation.zip

I would really like to put this as my boot animation. Can someone help me out. I am not afraid to try anything. I was able to sync my phone and do screen captures. A lot of this is new to me but would really appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Upvote 0
Reactions: SingJsong
Upvote 0
Would this work for the Incredible..

Okay, the original instructions are great... provided you aren't a noob. I had to find a lot of stuff out on my own... so please amend the original instructions with these noob friendly additions.

First, you need the Android SDK. You can find that here: Android SDK | Android Developers

Extract the folder and run Setup. It will ask you to download files, do so.

Next, create your animation--I won't go into much detail about this... all I'll say is the only real specification is that they are .png and they are named in a way that they can be numerically ordered with the first frame being the lowest possible number. Here is the original zip file for the default animation: Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
If you want just a single looping animation, simply put your frames into a single folder, preferably called "part0". If you have half your animation run once and the other half loop, put those two halves into separate folders--"part0" and "part1".

Modify the desc.txt to coordinate with your frames and folders. Here is a guide on the desc.txt: The desc.txt for boot animations works like this

Using 7zip found here: 7-Zip, create a zip archive of the folders and desc.txt with the compression setting as "store". Name this zip file: bootanimation.zip

Place this bootanimation.zip into the tools folder of the SDK. You can find the tools folder inside of the android_sdk_windows folder you extracted when you downloaded the SDK.

Connect your phone to your computer with USB. Mount your phone by clicking on the USB message in the notification bar. You will then need to run Debugging mode by going on your phone to: Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. Make sure this is checked; you should get an exclamation mark icon in your notification bar.

Once you are connected, mounted, and in debugging mode, go to on your computer: Start > Run. Type in "cmd" and hit Ok. This will open command prompt.

You need to navigate to the android_sdk_folder from command prompt. If the folder is in your C drive and the letter next to your cursor is different, simply type: "c:" and it will switch to the correct drive. If you are on an XP machine and the folder is on your desktop, you will need to navigate to the tools folder by typing:

cd c:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools

...where "user" is your login name. THIS IS NOT ALWAYS THE ADDRESS, you can see the full path at the top of the open tools folder. The "cd" before the directory path is necessary--it tells the command prompt to "change directory".

If you have correctly typed in the exact directory your tools folder is in, you should see the entire directory path displayed to the left of your cursor on the new line. Now, you need to push the bootanimation.zip folder to your phone by entering in this line of text:
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

Once you hit enter, a second should go by and you should see that a certain amount of data was added to the phone. When you see this, turn off your phone and reboot. You should now see the new animation! You may need to unplug your USB cable before you turn the power back on. In debugging mode, it may display weird menu text when you boot up if you are still connected to the PC.

I hope this helps, I know I was in the same boat as a lot of you, I had to scrounge around to find all this info, don't know why it's not all in one place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones