Incredible browser stringGeneral


Last Updated:

  1. NYC Coyote

    NYC Coyote Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2010
    Messages:
    247
    Likes Received:
    68
    So being my first android phone I started playing with apps... There is one that toggles the user agent string in the browser.

    I think I messed it up and now show up like a different one (sadly an iPhone).

    1. Is there a way I can manually change it back?

    And

    2. Can someone post the proper string?

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
     

    Advertisement
  2. NYC Coyote

    NYC Coyote Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2010
    Messages:
    247
    Likes Received:
    68
    If it helps this us what my current string is:

    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
     
  3. xyzsb

    xyzsb Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2010
    Messages:
    30
    Likes Received:
    7
    it's the same on mine and i haven't changed anything.

    i guess you are looking at the AppleWebKit part. it's also in Google Chrome and Safari since that's the layout engine used in those browsers. mozilla (firefox, seamonkey etc) uses Gecko hence the "like Gecko" part. KHTML was developed for use in Konqueror and webkit was forked from that.

    KHTML
    WebKit
     
  4. NYC Coyote

    NYC Coyote Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2010
    Messages:
    247
    Likes Received:
    68
    Thanks. Wasn't sure if it frakked up my browser. Uninstalling now.

    Pretty much I noticed that the error screen on hulu is the same one you get when a browser is not supported. Especially since the initial ad plays.

    I wanted to try to spoof a desktop browser.

    Thanks.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
     

Share This Page

Loading...