Incredible Charging Stalls OutSupport

Last Updated:

1. mrilikecellphones

mrilikecellphones New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Posted something similar on the HTC forums, but figured I'd try here too.

I got my Incredible 5 days ago and after 2 days, my phone began to stop fully charging. It stalled out about 45% (I installed a Battery Widget to see the numeric charge) then it continued to read "45%" and never advanced beyond that. If I power down the phone and turn it back on, it seems as if the phone was never plugged in at all, reading 32%... As long as it's plugged in it reads "32%"... The battery will continue to drain itself plugged in or not until the phone powers down.

When this happened the first time I experimented with different outlets, charging via USB, rotating back and forth etc.. At some seemingly random point it began charging normally. I got the power back up to a full charge and it lasted about 5 hours before doing the same thing again (got to a lower point, so I plugged it in, and it never climbed back up). The battery drained itself back to zero.

Last night I plugged the phone in over night with the power off and left it until this morning (8 hours later) when I turned it on. It had charged somewhat, to 75%. By mid morning the battery had drained down into the 30% range. I plugged in to see if it would charge. It went up incrementally to 33% but again stalled out.

The guy at Verizon who sold me the phone is stumped. He swapped me another battery from his Incredible that I am trying now, and it's the same behavior. This leads me to think it's an issue with the phone itself and not the battery. I also wonder if any app I installed caused something strange to happen, but I don't think I downloaded anything sketchy...

At this point it is behaving pretty consistently. I plug it in. Every 3-4 minutes it bumps up 1% until it has gained about 4% from where it was before. Then it completely stops. If I restart the phone, the power is probably 8% lower than where it was when I powered down. If I unplug and plug back in, it does the exact same thing.. etc etc until battery is drained. I've done this with it in airplane mode. It will charge marginally more for a little bit longer, but still stalls out.

What should I do? Should I reset the phone? I don't want to be in the same boat as so many other people with HTC Incredible problems who are screwed because the phone is back ordered... any ideas or troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks

Advertisement