Incredible Crap Battery!Support

1. Pez

Pez Member

Ok, sorry for starting another battery thread, but its driving me nuts!

From full charge I get about 10 hours on an average day. I am definitely not a heavy user, most days I use it for email, a few texts, and a max of 15 mins talking. I've been reading on here and some people seem to be getting nearly 2 full days out of a charge? How???

I read about a problem where some apps can stop the phone from sleeping but I checked the up and awake time and they're different so I don't think thats the problem. Awake time seems to be about a third of the up time in general.

I don't have any fancy live wall paper, just normal widgets, mostly stock ones.

The only accounts I have syncing are facebook, gmail, and few email addresses (non exchange).

So Please, if anyone can come up with suggestions for reasons my battery is being drained, I'd be very grateful!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Battery life also depends on phone model and battery capacity. Are you sure you're comparing with the same model phone, using the same capacity battery? Comparing a Droid with, say, a Samsung is complaining that your VW doesn't accelerate as fast as a Porsche. Or accelerates faster. You have to compare the same kind of apples, not just apples to apples. (GSM and CDMA phones also use battery differently. Being closer to towers saves more battery. Etc.)
  3. Pez

Pez Member

Its an HTC Incredible S, don't they come with a standard battery? Mine is a 1450mAh. Its actually the second one I've had and both have been the same.
  4. 2k2cse

2k2cse Well-Known Member

How long does your battery usually last? Mine usually lasts 12-14 hours with moderate use.
  5. Pez

Pez Member

I might get 12 hours with very light use. Yesterday I was using it quite a lot and it died at just under 9 hours!
  6. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

How is your signal strength and reception? Do you have 3G coverage? What about WiFi?

I have found that when I don't have a good 3G signal it affects my battery life tremendously. I have Wifi coverage at home and work, so I leave Wifi on all the time and my 3G coverage at work and home is excellent and I get over 2 days on a single charge.

When I travel with my phone and the signal strength is moderate, then my battery will last about 12 hours.
  7. Pez

Pez Member

Thats probably it then. I only have wifi at home. Reception at work is fairly poor and there is no wifi so I guess it has to work pretty hard!
  8. Ced

Ced Member

I had similar issues , until i went on and removed accounts from auto syncing... keep the brightness to 25% and I get a good 12 hrs with wifi always on.
    Without a lot of wifi/internet usage I get almost 2 good days.. one problem with all phones is crappy batteries are not good for what the phone's made for!!! my friend with the galaxy note gets good battery performance!
  9. AYKJ

AYKJ New Member

Well one of the ways to extend battery life is by flashing CM7's ROM. With WiFi always on, and a few chats on whatsapp or any other applications every now and then my battery can last up to 48 hours or even more if I leave it to sleep when not in use. :)
  10. mikesgordon

mikesgordon New Member

I had this same issue.

Check your "WI-FI Sleep Policy" and make sure it is set to "NEVER" otherwise it will switch between 3g and wifi when turning your screen on and off which KILLS the battery life and then can cause data usage problems as well.

Hope this helps.