Incredible doesn't recognize sd card

1. williamcmoran

williamcmoran Active Member

I'm new to the forum and did a search but couldn't find any info. My phone came in a week ago with the free 2gb sd card. I put it into my phone when I first turned it on but just now got around to trying to do anything with it. I went into settings/sd card & phone storage and under the sd card section it says unavailable under both total space and available space. I thought you could format a sd card from the incredible but maybe i was wrong. Don't know too much about the subject. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. INTREPID-NY

INTREPID-NY Well-Known Member

Shut phone off. Remove card and put it back in, making sure you hear and feel the click when inserting.

Then, turn phone on and go to: Menu, Settings, SD Card & Phone Storage. You should be able to UnMount and Format the SD Card (bottom of page). Formatting erases the card and prepares it for use. If Unmount is grayed out, try another SDCard - you may have a faulty SDCARD (and possibly a faulty phone).

You can also test your SDCard in an SDCard Reader connected to your PC.
    cindy321 likes this.
  3. williamcmoran

williamcmoran Active Member

Intrepid NY,

I followed all the steps that you said and it is working now. Thank you for your help. Now I just have to go out and get a larger sd card so i can put music on it. Thanks again for all your help.

Are you in manhattan? Your name gave it away.