incredible doesn't ring when phone asleep (not powered off)Support

Last Updated:

1. rt2

rt2 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yet another example of a question from someone feeling a bit "dim".

My Incredible rings when there's a visible screen. When the screen darkens and phone enters sleep after , in my case 1 minute of non-use, any calls coming in do not ring through. Voicemail picks them up....but there is no indication that I have an incoming call unless I wake the phone up and check the upper left hand menu for the voicemail icon.

This can't be set up right. When the phone is asleep (dark screen) but not powered off, there has got to be a setting that lets calls ring through and awaken the phone so it can be answered. Right?

What have I missed?

Advertisement
  2. rt2

Am I the only person that has this problem?

Is this "normal" ?

This s would mean that the phone would need to be fully active for the phone to ring. Is this is correct, then what's the point of dimming the screen and putting the phone to sleep or in standby mode?

3. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

That is definately not normal. I am a new android user so I cant really say if thats an option, but my phone did not experience this behavior out of the box. If no one else comments you may want to consider an exchange, and test the new phone out at the store before you leave

4. bsdbytes

bsdbytes Active Member

I had this happen to me once but I have not been able to reproduce it. The only thing I've done that might have made a difference is I performed a factory restore.

5. rt2

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Solved my problem by doing a soft reset (remove / replace battery) to my phone.

Relieved that I didn't have to try the hard rest since I've just gotten everything set up the way I wanted it.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

6. Kimandrews123

Kimandrews123 New Member

I am having the same problem. I got my phone in November and the problems started either late December or early January. How do you remove/replace the battery?

7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

There's a very narrow slot at the bottom of the phone about 1/2" long. Insert fingernail and gently pry the rear half of the case off to expose the battery. Pry out the battery, leave out for a minute or so, then replace battery and rear cover.

8. jes0212

jes0212 Well-Known Member

At times, mine does the same thing.. I blame it on the service at my house but it even happens at the college campus. Anyone think it could possibly be a software issue as well?

9. jeminar

jeminar New Member

I had this issue: I regularly swap SIMs and had both SIMs set up as APNs. As soon as I made sure that only the APN settings for my SIM were in place, the problem went away.

Hope it doesn't come back.