• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help incredible doesn't ring when phone asleep (not powered off)

rt2

Apr 8, 2010
Yet another example of a question from someone feeling a bit "dim".

My Incredible rings when there's a visible screen. When the screen darkens and phone enters sleep after , in my case 1 minute of non-use, any calls coming in do not ring through. Voicemail picks them up....but there is no indication that I have an incoming call unless I wake the phone up and check the upper left hand menu for the voicemail icon.

This can't be set up right. When the phone is asleep (dark screen) but not powered off, there has got to be a setting that lets calls ring through and awaken the phone so it can be answered. Right?

What have I missed?

Am I the only person that has this problem?

Is this "normal" ?

This s would mean that the phone would need to be fully active for the phone to ring. Is this is correct, then what's the point of dimming the screen and putting the phone to sleep or in standby mode?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones