Incredible extended battery with silicone case?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. wholovesskunks

wholovesskunks Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone modified a silicone case to go with your extended battery? I'd love to see pictures or to hear your experience or tips to modifying it to fit the 2150 battery. Thank you !

Advertisement
  2. madhattr

madhattr Member

I did my wife's and mine both to accommodate the Seidio 3500. I used a razor blade on mine first. A lot of cutting and re-cutting to get the right fit. I used a pair of sharp scissors on hers. Much easier after I had mine as a template to look at. Mined turned out decent. Hers turned out much cleaner.

3. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

What exactly did you do? Did you just cut out a square hole for the battery portion of the back door cover to stick out of the case?

4. dm33

dm33 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to cut out the extended back of the phone and not modify the silicon case? Or does that not fit?

I broke down and ordered the 2150. Should be here tomorrow.

5. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Did you mean the hard or soft silicone? I cut a couple of longitudinal slits in a soft Verizon silicone case (and punched holes at the ends of the slits to keep them from tearing out) - not fancy, but it covers nearly the entire back of the phone.

6. wholovesskunks

wholovesskunks Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone post pics? That would be so helpful! :)

7. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

8. madhattr

madhattr Member

I know they're not the clearest pics in the world, but my Incredible takes better pics than my digital camera. I hope these give you an idea of the 3500 battery with a black silicone case trimmed to fit around it. This was my first one I did. My wife's was cleaner than this one. I used a xacto knife on mine and used scissors on hers. The scissors worked much better. Hope it helps!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]