• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible gaming performance when 5% battery or less

Device: Samsung Galaxy GT-N8010
Android version: 4.1.2

I was playing First Touch Soccer on my tablet when the battery reached it´s last 5% charge. I guess for battery saving purposes the android disables many features for running on that last chunk of energy for as long as possible, giving the user time to go get a cable or sth. The thing is that the gameplay became so fluid that it felt the game was moving on fast forward. Then I realiced that would be the game´s meant to be speed, and what I played before seemed like sub-acuatic football.

The question is, how can I deliberately make my tablet run on "less than 5% of battery life" mode, even if it is fully charged?

I know there will be an android master who will come up with a perfect answer in no time.
Thanks in advance

Device: Samsung Galaxy GT-N8010
Android version: 4.1.2

I was playing First Touch Soccer on my tablet when the battery reached it´s last 5% charge. I guess for battery saving purposes the android disables many features for running on that last chunk of energy for as long as possible, giving the user time to go get a cable or sth. The thing is that the gameplay became so fluid that it felt the game was moving on fast forward. Then I realiced that would be the game´s meant to be speed, and what I played before seemed like sub-acuatic football.

The question is, how can I deliberately make my tablet run on "less than 5% of battery life" mode, even if it is fully charged?

I know there will be an android master who will come up with a perfect answer in no time.
Thanks in advance

there are several power management apps that you can download from the market to achieve the results you want. youre referring to the power saving mode i assume, in which case you can perform some of the same actions that it uses to preserve the battery life such as:

turn off haptic feedback
reduce the screen brightness
turn off any un-necessary settings >bluetooth, gps, nfc , etc
close running background applications (hold the home key and then tap the task manager button)

that should help reduce the lag you mentioned while playing your game. good luck!

Upvote 0
Hi and thanks for your reply!

I immediately went to enable power savings mode, killed all running apps, went into airplane mode to disable some more stuff I guess, then triple checked that wi-fi, bluetooth and basically everything is turned off. then killed the ram dead one more time. Lowered brightness to minimum and started the game. Performance sucked, it was not anywhere near that beautifull low battery flow. I would appreciate if you or anyone could give me the name of any of those programs, more than the notification about their existence. There are more and more apps in the sea of google play and, for a completely ignorant person like me, it is hard to hit the nail the first 50 times on this subject, that is why I humbly ask for some light.

(does anyone know EXACTLY what does the galaxy note 10.1 does when in 5% battery or less?)

Upvote 0
dude, does that even exist?

I found an app called Dr. Booster, the icon has a cute dog so it totally convinced me. It is free and IT WORKS. you can find it here:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=proGWstpF6hKOLYEn72Cng&bvm=bv.95039771,d.eXY

Gaming performance was enhanced, but I can surely say that not as much as in my 5%bat or less experience. I still have the feeling that there is something more to this low battery state that we dont know yet.

Cant we just do the jedi trick and tell android he only has 5%battery or less, even when he is fully charged? that would be enough

Upvote 0
Definitely stay away from battery boosters.

http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

(does anyone know EXACTLY what does the galaxy note 10.1 does when in 5% battery or less?)

Yes. Same thing most every Android does.

It goes into a power saving mode and takes most or all of the actions that @KJohns specified that you can control independently in his post above.

Not sure about "killing ram dead one more time."

You can even go into developer options and specify that you want no background tasks for that gaming period.

No tricks named after Star Wars characters required.

Upvote 0
Definitely stay away from battery boosters.

http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

Yes. Same thing most every Android does.

It goes into a power saving mode and takes most or all of the actions that @KJohns specified that you can control independently in his post above.

Not sure about "killing ram dead one more time."

You can even go into developer options and specify that you want no background tasks for that gaming period.

No tricks named after Star Wars characters required.

Dear EarlyMon
the solutions you ingeniously quote have already been tested and shared in the above posts, which can be read for free just scrolling up a bit.

The point here is that the performance I had when on super low battery is not nearly the same one we get after manually going on power savings mode, developer options and disabling everythin that can be disabled.

Right now the podium looks like this:

1- Less than 5% battery
2- Dr. Booster
3- Solutions provided in this forum (no improvement at all)

All tests are being made with the same app, First touch soccer.

Upvote 0
Removing Dr. Booster will grant you better performance.
As if you want to save even more battery and have performance you could try this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=ro

And hibernate whatever app is running in the back. Maybe in saving mode at 5% it closes some programs. Dont use ram cleaners because if you kill a process with them they restart and you advanced 0%, while force stopping them will stop them completly until you acces them.

Set it to non-root mode.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Dear EarlyMon
the solutions you ingeniously quote have already been tested and shared in the above posts, which can be read for free just scrolling up a bit.
Yeah - that's why I made reference to KJohns earlier post.

And I also added a developer option trick that you just glossed over in your rush to lecture me about how to read a thread.

That hadn't been mentioned at all yet previously, you missed it, but you go ahead with your theories. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Best luck with your phone. (edit - tablet.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Noxxtar: I tested performance before and after drbooster, and WITH dr booster it runs twice as smooth. I could not achieve such a smooth gameplay by disabling everything manually, plus force stopping running apps and services manually would mean I would have to re-start them afterwards in order to regain normal tablet functioning.
When in 5% battery or less, the device (tablet) is deactivating something/s else that has not been said here, probably something also missing in the wikipedia "power savings mode" page.

Would it be usefull to let it drain to less than 5% and run some benchmark app or sth?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Yeah - that's why I made reference to KJohns earlier post.

And I also added a developer option trick that you just glossed over in your rush to lecture me about how to read a thread.

That hadn't been mentioned at all yet previously, you missed it, but you go ahead with your theories. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Best luck with your phone. (edit - tablet.)

that gave me a good chuckle . thank you sir ! :)

Upvote 0
guys your solutions dont work, It would be great if you let someone else answer instead of insisting with stuff you have not tried and I have, and I am telling you it does not work...

I just let my tablet reach 5% battery again and ran FTS one more time, and AWESOME FLOWING MOVEMENTS where going on again, a gaming performance I have never seen before on my tablet. Perhaps I should make a video, start a match with 7%battery and see the video performance change when it reaches 5%

Upvote 0
Think you might have to post a video. FWIW I can't even make First Touch Soccer play. Crashes on the Oppo, and goes "App not installed" on the Samsung Win Duos.

LOL too bad bro! I consider myself a (terrible) old school gamer, it's been tough nowadays finding a game to get addicted to (besides online chess), specially in the touchpad universe, but FTS kicks ass! much more when it runs like the wind, gonna do that video sometime between tonight and tomorrow morning.

Upvote 0
Lower your frequency if you believe thats going to do it. And if you want to be stuck on 5% battery go to 0% get a weak charger and play.
Boosters are garbage because they might work for a game but they run in the back use memory amd afterwards they make your phone slower.
You dont make sense.

Upvote 0
guys your solutions dont work, It would be great if you let someone else answer instead of insisting with stuff you have not tried and I have, and I am telling you it does not work...

In that case this is probably best moved to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 sub-forum, where other users of this specific device can better advise you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones