Incredible getting HOT...Support

Last Updated:

1. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've noticed that my phone has been getting pretty hot while in use. Not burning hot, but pretty warm! Anyone else noticing this happen to there phones?

Advertisement
  2. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

yes, it happens when i use the phone.. usually afterwards the battery meter turns red too :)

3. billybob275

billybob275 Well-Known Member

I took a road trip through the Carolinas this past week and used my DI in a windsheild dock for my GPS. I noticed when i left it plugged in during the middle of the day (like 11am to 4pm) the indicator light would blink. When i checked it out, the battery indicator app read that the battery was running down (like <65% after reading 100% while still plugged in moments before). I pulled up the notification and it said the battery was 120F and in "overheat" mode.

Granted there was record heat down there for this time of year (low 90s), but I wasn't able to have my phone in the dock while charging or running GPS. I just turned off the GPS, propped up next to the ac vent to cool, and just left it in my car's console for the remainder of the day.

I guess I can see why direct sunlight on a hot day would affect it, but still, I haven't had problems like this since my Touch Pro. I was hoping those days were behind me.

4. markanderin

markanderin Member

I had this happen this morning. I wasn't even using it, just had it in my pocket. Had a full charge last night. This morning in a meeting i noticed it getting warm. Took it out and the battery was in the red and the phone was very warm.

I can see something like this happening with heavy use, but it was just idle?

5. Mr Marcus

Mr Marcus Well-Known Member

I haven't had it happen at idle, but mine does get warm. Beats the h3ll out of the iPhone 3G I had- I coulda fried an egg on that thing.

6. reflekt2099

reflekt2099 Active Member

my also got very very warm during idle. i had been using it (going on the internet) and then i stopped using the phone. then i felt my pocket getting very warm and the phone was incredibly warm/hot. i was wondering why this was happening, so i checked to see what programs were running or what could have been causing the phone to get hot.

instead, i just pulled out the battery, put it back in, restarted the phone and in a matter of 30seconds to a minute, i could tell the phone cooled down and it was no longer super warm/hot.

this has happened just once to me. but it was very odd.

7. powdbyrice

powdbyrice Well-Known Member

exact thing happened to me this morning too!

8. Wiggin21

Wiggin21 Well-Known Member

Mine has thus far only gotten slightly warm once, just today when i used the gps navigation. I use my incredible heavily too.

9. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I'm having the same issue. I left it in my pocket the other day without use and it got extremely warm. It also happens when I'm using it as well.

10. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Mine never gets 'hot' even when sitting on fabric.

11. .seVen.

.seVen. Active Member

Its common while its being used.

But while idled? Havent heard that one...

12. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any warmth at all. I think when your in a bad area the phone works harder to keep signal and more battery usage.