Incredible Goes From Charging to Discharging While Plugged InSupport

Last Updated:

1. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed sometimes my Incredible battery indicator stops showing the charging symbol but the orange LED is still lit, and if I go to my About Battery, it says "Discharging" rather than "Charging." I don't do anything to the phone to cause this, but would love to know why it's happening if anyone knows.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. v8dreaming

v8dreaming Well-Known Member

I've had this problem also. My original phone did it and so does the refurb they sent me.
    Kind of annoying.

3. tbeas

tbeas Well-Known Member

Using the stock AC charger?

4. ihav3ish0oz

ihav3ish0oz Member

try cleaning the metal parts of the battery and the battery pins on the phone and making sure the battery is in securely. I had this problem once because I hadn't pushed the battery in properly.

5. SeattleYanksFan

Yup.

I'll give that a try. The problem is I don't know how to re-create the issue. It just happens at random, and not that frequently. I just don't like it happening at all, because once or twice I assumed my phone was charged when I had to go only to find it was only partially charged.

Right now I have my 1500 mAh battery in. I haven't kept track of it's only with this battery that this occurs or with stock too. I'll see, maybe it's the battery's connection that sometimes causes the problem since it's not a "perfect" fit like stock.

6. skunis1

skunis1 Well-Known Member

I have the same thing going on. But I have only noticed this happening since I got Froyo. I usually charge the phone at work with the usb plugged into my computer. I have noticed the phone comes out of charging and the screen turns on when the phone gets to the mid 80% for the battery.

I wonder if this is a kind of forced bump charging.

It is strange but I haven't had any issues with the battery so I guess it is just a minor annoyance.

rocke likes this.
  7. SeattleYanksFan

That is what happens with mine. The screen turns on, the battery indicator stops showing that lightning bolt through it, and the battery level stops flashing. Yet the orange LED stays lit. I guess it'll remain a mystery.

8. skunis1

skunis1 Well-Known Member

And just about 30 seconds to a minute later the phone begins to show it is charging on the screen.

The LED does stay orange/red the entire time.

Yes, a mystery!

9. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

ugh, i too have this ANNOYING problem. what's with all the damn froyo bugs? what a terrible release. i've fallen victim to almost every bug already.

10. adeep

adeep New Member

Started having the same problem when I was away from home and using the factory provided usb cord and wall adaptor. Doesn't happen at home with my Verizon Travel Wall Charger. Problem solved with a new Travel Charger from Verizon, $29.95, free shipping. I think the problem was actually the USB cord. Didn't seem to matter if I used the wall adaptor or plugged cord into a computer.

11. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

hmm good to know..thankfully, i have a few micro USB cables laying around lol