Incredible HD = No Track Pad?General

Last Updated:

1. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If the pics of the Incredible HD floating around net are really the next incarnation I am disappointed! Mostly because it seems that HTC is moving away from installing track pads on their phones. I think the track pad is an essential part of the android experience and just makes everything so much easier. I can't imagine trying to select text accurately without it. Navigating is just so much better with a track pad. Guess I'm just ranting but it really disappoints me.....

Advertisement
  2. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Well-Known Member

I know with the stock keyboard app, they have little arrows underneath all the keys to navigate left, right, up, and down. Looks like it could be effective. Plus, it gives room for more screen without making more phone.

3. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

honestly i never use the thing, so it doesnt matter to me

4. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

I RARELY use it, but when I do it is ALWAYS essential.

5. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I see no need for the optical mouse either. It's a nuisance to me.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  6. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I'll miss the track pad, biggest thing I disliked about my Incredible coming from an Eris was not having a trackball and having the joystick instead.

I use it all the time, I need to access files and invoices on my work computer on the go sometimes and without having a track ball I don't know how it would work as it works great as a mouse the joystick is just so so .

Plus using CM6 MiUi camera app where you ahve to press the screen to take a picture is a hassel. If there's not trackpad of somesorts they really need a physical camera button

7. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

I am the exact same way.... I feel kind of bad for the EVO users with their ugly four arrows

NightAngel79 and TheGoatLantern like this.
  8. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

I don't even know how often I use it and how much I miss it until I try to use my son's Droid 2 or my dad's Droid X. Anytime I enter text, I end up needing it at one point or another and it's very easy to push it over to get where I want to go instead of having to touch and be accurate.

9. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member

The optical trackpad is awesome! I can't own a phone that doesn't have one now.

10. KHeeney5

KHeeney5 Well-Known Member

I love the track pads, makes life easier... I guess we'll see what htc has for us.

11. This_Is_Kyle

This_Is_Kyle Well-Known Member

I dont think the trackpad is necessary.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  12. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

I personally will miss it very much If/when I buy the HD. It makes editing txt/emails so much easier.

13. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I've had my Incredible since roll-out day and I've yet to use the trackpad and I am a HEAVY user of the phone. I carry 2 additional batteries and 2 bluetooth headsets to get through the day!

I guess I don't use anything that needs the trackpad. I use a LOT of apps on the phone and NEVER even TOUCH the trackpad/optical mouse.

14. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

If the Incredible HD does not have a trackball, do this mean that the Incredible HD will have the same overall dimensions of the Droid Incredible?

15. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

I use it more and more every day. Was editib=ng book titles in aldiko yesterday and it came in handy so much at first; after 30min it was absolutely essential!!
    Either way i am guessing it will be bigger over all, if it is indeed the 4.3inch device that we saw leaked pics...