Incredible issues?General

Last Updated:

1. zupaphly

zupaphly Member This Topic's Starter

so im new to smartphones... and ive been searching the forums for the last hour for an answer but there is entirely too much activity about "i just got my phone" or "ooooh, its on the truck" to find what im looking for... so i figured id start a thread strictly for issues ppl are running into or questions they may have...

here are my questions:
    1. My phone is having a hard time telling what city i am in... sometimes it is correct and says Edinboro, PA... but then switches to Washington... 10hrs away from me... ive used both methods of using moblie network and gps location and it still does the same thing...

2. 3G and 1 to no bars... i cant find the steps on the forums to find out your signal dB... since i am showing 1 bar most of the time... always had full bars on my old phone... so i wanted to see what my actual signal strength is... as far as 3G, it hardly lights up... it is always gray, every now and again it will come on... should it stay on solid if i am in 3G coverage, or only on when i am using it...:confused:

im sorry if these are dumb questions, but im just not as tech savy as i used to be... any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks =)

still love this phone btw and glad the 5 month wait is over lol...:D

Advertisement
  2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

To check your actual signal dial ##33284 (##DEBUG). Select 1x Engineering.

zupaphly likes this.
  3. douger

douger Well-Known Member

When you got the warning stating something about privacy issues with using "location," did you freak and decline? I think that's where it gets it's information. Go to menu>settings>privacy and make sure the "Use My Location" box is checked.

Don't worry about bars. Menu>Settings>About Phone. Tap "Network." If I understand correctly, the higher the negative number, the better.

They say the signal strength indicator is an Android issue...

zupaphly likes this.