• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible Issues

So I love the new phone but have noticed a few issues from time to time with it.

1. Can get extremely hot from use, or continue to stay hot after use (when the screen is off).

2. Random restarts for no apparent reason, unrelated to the heat issue. It has happened a few times and did it without me even having my hands on the device yesterday (it was sitting on my desk).

3. MicroSD card will randomly shut itself off and stop working, only way to use it again is to restart the device.

Anyone else having these issues?

get Advanced Task Killer to at the very least check and see if anything is running.

not necessary. please see the multitude of other posts regarding this.

to check what apps are using battery, so to settings> about phone> battery> battery use.

while in the battery screen, check up time vs awake time. up is how long phone has been on, awake is how long it's been in use. these 2 #s should never be close to each other unless you just restarted the phone or something is active (like you using it, or something is running in the background).

when you check battery use, look for 3rd party apps with high %. if you dont use that app much, it shouldn't be using a lot of battery life... might be bad code, and should be deleted.

on a side note:: I have noticed that the phone does tend to get really warm with a lot of use. This is normal. If you start to exhibit other problems, might be time for a wipe and use it for a couple days with nothing on it but your personal info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones