Incredible just partially factory reset itselfSupport

Last Updated:

1. joshb

joshb New Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know what to call it but my Droid shut down when it ran out of battery and when I started it back again it started off with the typing tutorial and all my contacts were gone, several apps were missing (but not all), Facebook and other accounts were unlinked and all browser history, cookies, bookmarks, and the such were erased. Many apps which are still on the phone now force close whenever I try to start them and other programs (even the Market) have restarted like it was the first time opening, it asks me to accept its terms and conditions.

The weird thing is that my calendar, email account, and text messages were all intact. This is very weird, any ideas of what went on? Should I be concerned that this will occur again? :eek:

Advertisement
  2. Way2Blue4You

Way2Blue4You New Member

Word for word, my Incredible just did the same thing - the only exception is that my contacts weren't deleted. Apps are missing, others have had to be reinstalled to even function, & my home screen is FUBAR. All my web bookmarks are gone. All settings have been reset to factory. This all happened shortly after two updates to apps. What the hell happened to my phone? I've only had it for a month & run v2.2 - any insight would be appreciated...

3. swindelljd

swindelljd Well-Known Member

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Most likely what happened is, that when your phone "ran out of battery" the sd card/internal memory didn't shut down properly therefore losing some files. It won't always happen but it could, that's why, just like with a computer, you should make regular backups.

5. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

I had this happen to me also....

Mine occurred during battery death and the phone in the middle of syncing contacts with backup assist.

Total corruption and all contacts gone.... then the force closes.... then factory reset...

Lego