• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible keeps freezing (possibly related to the SD card)

Wordslinger

Apr 24, 2010
I connected it to my MacBook Pro to add some NES roms onto my 16 gig MicroSD card. When I unmounted the drives from the desktop and switched the phone to "charge only," all the apps and widgets on the page disappeared and a screen that said "loading" popped up. After a little while it went to a black screen with the HTC logo. The phone stayed in this state for a few minutes before I pulled the battery. This happened a few more times.

Finally I let the black screen stay so I could see what it would do and the phone rebooted. I was able to quickly check the settings before the phone froze again and saw the SD card was not being recognized by the phone at all. I put the 2 gig card Verizon provided back in and the phone seems to be working okay, so I'm assuming my 16 gig card maybe got corrupted somehow. I've connected it plenty of time before without an issue.

I was just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem. I'm going to format the 16 gig card and see if it works, but if it's an issue with the phone I want to get it replaced so it doesn't mess up another SD card. I'm also paranoid that it might start freezing again and leave me without a phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones