Incredible Kernel's: The What, Where, and Why. Updated 08/11/10 New Froyo. 32 Kernels!

1. acidbath5546

acidbath5546 Well-Known Member

Hey all, thought this might be helpful for those with questions or concerns about Hydra Kernels or Kernels in general. There seems to be tons of questions about them and maybe this article or info can help some a bit. And I am not a Dev at all, but an advanced user enough to help a bit ;)

Updated 08/20/2010:
    NEW [KERNEL] Stock Unmodified "8/1 Leak" kernel
    NEW
    [KERNEL] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS] [OC] [UV] KiNgxKernel #1 "Longer Battery Life"

GO HERE :
    http://www.gizmoninja.com/2010/07/02/droid-incredible-custom-kernels-the-what-where-and-why/

Cheers! And be sure to give thanks to ejhart and team for the great kernels and work.

Advertisement
    :
  2. acidbath5546

Helpfully to anyone? Lol
    wedgemoose likes this.
  3. dneilan1

dneilan1 Member

Thanks for this. So, still no overclock kernal that plays nice with the 2.2 update, correct?
  4. acidbath5546

Depends on which 2.2 ur using ...if you running CM6 then yes ...Hydra. 08 works...go to site and check it out
  5. dneilan1

dneilan1 Member

No, I'm using the leaked test w/ Sense and .32 radio. Guess I will keep waiting for a kernal that works with that. Thanks.
  6. acidbath5546

Yeah ...shouldn't be long ...leak was only yesterday afterall...but I am sure Koush and Ejhart are working on it...

Cheers
  7. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member

that was helpful, and maybe you can answer a couple questions.

So, you can only have one kernal installed at a time?

the undervolted means better battery life, the overclocked means faster processor, he mentioned one called 0.7 Overclock and said it was also undervolted. Does this mean it will give you better battery life than the 2.6.29-Hydra0ocuv0ov-n-v07 ejhart@laptopone #16 kernal? is the Hydra kernal undervolted?
  8. acidbath5546

Yeah only one kernel at a time.

And yes u have the right idea with undervolting, and overclocking. So yes if you run Hydras undervolted and overclocked kernel the theory is that hopefully the battery drain from overclocking will be offset by being undervolted at the same time.
    In my experience the battery life is still pretty bad no matter what ya doing if you have overclocked kernel ...but that depends on usage and what not ...
    hope that helped. :)
  9. acidbath5546

U will have to go to Hydra site to check that exact kernel ...don't know em by heart
  10. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member

thanks for the article, i went from the stock-hydraundervolt-hydra113 v08, without the overvolt, battery seems pretty normal so far, but i dont know that i notice an increase in speed just yet.... ill have to mess with it a bit more.
  11. acidbath5546

Yeah, I notice its a Tad bit quicker, but we all use our phones in different ways.

Love the quote in ur signature!
  12. 4x4le

4x4le Well-Known Member

does anyone know where the kernel that has the updates to wifi so it does not show up as an adhoc?

My phone does not like the hydra kernels but I like having it more of a wifi hotspot instead of ad hoc
  13. acidbath5546

It is over in the XDA Android Development thread ....
  14. 4x4le

4x4le Well-Known Member

Thanks..... got it just a few mins ago. Works great too. Are there any that are like this one and just removes the governer on the processer so we can controll it ourselves? All of the hydra kernels were just too buggy. My phone would fly, up until the point it locked up or rebooted.
  15. acidbath5546

Not really ...everyone is working on .32 kernels I would imagine.
    There are really on a couple others that are made for CM6 but that's all for now...
  16. klownin5643

anyone have an issue with video playback with they overclock kernel? You tube and music player lock up and force close. Went back to stock under volt, and it works again. ???
  17. acidbath5546

No never had that issue before...I did have problems with overclocked version. 8 ...but overclocked and overvolted works great for me.
  18. klownin5643

acid, which one are you using, link 3 or link 4? with or without the overvolt? but your running cm6 as well im just stock rooted right now till cm gets a few bugs worked out.
  19. acidbath5546

I'm actually using a modifies CM6 kernel ...so that wifi is fixed ....I wouldn't recommend it for u though ...
    CyanogenMod 6 -- KNOWN BUGS - Page 118 - xda-developers
    Bottom of page...

I don't have any bugs with CM6 at all right now ...what bugs do u want fixed? Camcorder is only issue...
  20. acidbath5546

I added it to article as well :)
  21. klownin5643

only issue i had was with the 3rd link oc kernel, it was causing fc in any sort of video playback situation as long as it seemed music playback, it would just go black screen, hang there, and then fc. i just loaded up cm6, and i LOVE it. was the wifi fix needed? or was that just to add wireless n? which one should i be flashing to cm6 now?
  22. acidbath5546

Yeah CM6 is awesome ...I run the CM6 kernel that I added today ...the changelog is at the bottom of the article ...runs perfect for me.
    klownin5643 likes this.
  23. klownin5643

takes a bit of getting used to.. and honestly i hate to say it but i miss my htc mail and my contact list that syncs with facebook. other than that...installing the kernel now, thanks for the info and help.
  24. acidbath5546

Yeah I hear ya ....it takes some getting used to...but the simplicity of it is great ...and if u go back to Sense u will be like WTF...lol
  25. acidbath5546

Ohhh yeah and the Hydraulic Kernels don't work with 2.2 leaks...Chart and Co. are waiting for source code :)