• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible lasted 1/2 day then DOA

Well after much reading from this site and others, i decided to switch from my Ozone to the Incredible. I tried going through my local retail VZW store, but they were no help. I finally contacted someone at VZW customer service with a brain and was able to do an out of cycle upgrade.

I received the phone about 1:00 yesterday, 5/10, and the battery was about 2/3 charged. I immediately put it on the charger and began customizing it to my liking. I was using it last night with it on the charger and it suddenly went dead. I thought it was a bit strange, but figured I would just charge it fully overnight and start fresh this morning.

This morning I noticed the amber light on the front was blinking and still amber for that matter. It should have been a steady green. The phone wouldn't power up at all. I removed the battery several times and it still wouldn't take a charge. I took it to the local VZW store and they confirmed that it was DOA. They did have a few Incredibles in stock, but would not replace mine since I had gone through Customer Service. (This made me very happy and I made sure they knew it) I had to call customer service again and after about 30 minutes on the phone with them, I have a replacement one being shipped overnight.

Hopefully, the replacement will be better.

Well after much reading from this site and others, i decided to switch from my Ozone to the Incredible. I tried going through my local retail VZW store, but they were no help. I finally contacted someone at VZW customer service with a brain and was able to do an out of cycle upgrade.

I received the phone about 1:00 yesterday, 5/10, and the battery was about 2/3 charged. I immediately put it on the charger and began customizing it to my liking. I was using it last night with it on the charger and it suddenly went dead. I thought it was a bit strange, but figured I would just charge it fully overnight and start fresh this morning.

This morning I noticed the amber light on the front was blinking and still amber for that matter. It should have been a steady green. The phone wouldn't power up at all. I removed the battery several times and it still wouldn't take a charge. I took it to the local VZW store and they confirmed that it was DOA. They did have a few Incredibles in stock, but would not replace mine since I had gone through Customer Service. (This made me very happy and I made sure they knew it) I had to call customer service again and after about 30 minutes on the phone with them, I have a replacement one being shipped overnight.

Hopefully, the replacement will be better.
roll tide! what part of north bama are you in?
Is this sarcasm? I don't get it.

yes it was sarcasm...he was really angry so he said happy(sarcastically) ...

Upvote 0
Of course they won't. They are very bitter towards customers that don't buy in the store. So if you try and get help when you went online.. welp, good luck.

There are 3 Verizons as far as I'm concerned and they all work much differently than one another. Verizon Corp/Authorized Dealer, 3rd Party Dealer, Online/Phone.

At least you are getting a replacement that's all that matters.

Upvote 0
Follow Up:

I just received a call from the customer service rep that helped me earlier today. He said they had a policy change and that he would need a credit card number from me in order to ship out the replacement today. Or, I could wait until they received the defective phone and then they could ship one out.

I opted to pay for the replacement and he assured me he would make sure that I was credited once the defective phone was received back. I have his name and phone number, so I felt pretty comfortable doing it that way.

Nothing's ever easy.

And....WAR EAGLE....Huntsville here

Upvote 0
Well its 8 PM and no email yet letting me know the tracking number. So I called VZW customer service to check on the status. Long story short...my replacement isn't shipping today. Evidently, my rep did all he could, but a supervisor didn't approve the case before it was time to ship, so it's still showing "needs approval". So much for getting it here overnight.

It's amazing how inept these guys are. It's like dealing with Ma Bell back in the 70's.

Upvote 0
They did the same think to me with the credit card! Effffin annoying, never once have I had this much trouble with exchanging a phone or even buying one for that fact. However here's my gripe, and I can't believe nobody brought this up. if u can get em through customer care, why aren't they on the stores? Something is very fishy about this whole release!

Upvote 0
The story gets better!!

I was expecting an email with my tracking number today, but nothing showed up. I called VZW CS and asked to speak to a supervisor. I gave him my story and he was actually upset at what had gone down. Bottom line is now the Incredibles are back-ordered and my replacement won't ship until 5/28.

He did tell me that mine was scheduled to ship yesterday, but because the CS rep entered the order without a credit card, it was kicked out, but no one was informed about it until it was too late. Once the new order was generated today, they were all gone.

I just love their customer service. I feel I need to demand something from them for all the time I've wasted checking on their incompetence.

Upvote 0
Yeah I very briefly had Verizon and was very surprised at how unhelpful and unfriendly they are after hearing so many good things about them. It's amazing how they won't help you in store if you've gone through customer care. T-Mobile used to do this (of course this was about 5 years ago) but it seems that they've stepped up their customer service since then. If only they had a great Android phone I'd love to go back to them, but it looks like their more interested in pushing the myTouch3G slide.

Upvote 0
Just had the same thing happen to me... Received the phone at 9:15am yesterday, it was DOA this morning. It took a total of 1 charge. Went to the VZW store this morning and they're shipping me a replacement phone to arrive tomorrow. Hoping the replacement is rock solid.

Mine did the same thing. Used it for the initial charge and then dead. I called and they're shipping a replacement to me too, but they said it that there aren't any in stock and that it will be overnighted when they send it and that it will come the latest of 6/18 which is basically what the new order wait is. I'm interested to hear if yours actually is shipped overnight and you don't have to wait. Let me know if you get yours soon.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem. Is there anyone that isnt having this problem? Did we just get a bad batch? Sales rep in the store classified mine as DOA as well but I still had to go through customer service to get my replacement and the estimated arrival time is 1 month. Great, I just waited a little less than a month to get the phone... FML

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones