Incredible makes my mac sleepyTips

Last Updated:

1. simn22

simn22 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well I had the phone for 2 days and its been a GREAT 2 days. I haven't put it down except to charge.

Well, another interesting fact about the phone. It you happen to own a 13" Macbook and if you rest your phone exactly to the left of the trackpad, your mac will go to "sleep"! must be a magnet activated.

so just a heads up for people doing something important.

Advertisement
    Howie likes this.
  2. Stealth Droid

Stealth Droid Member

there's a video on youtube that shows the audio being screwed with when the phone is on top of metal.

3. OMRebel2013

OMRebel2013 Active Member

I know this is off topic, but can you sync it to your mac?

4. Maxpilot

Maxpilot Member

Wow, you are correct. When I place my Incredible to the far left of the track pad, my 13 in. unibody macbook pro goes to sleep. The only thing below that spot is the battery so their must be some interference there. :eek:

5. ORDarksideD

ORDarksideD Active Member

I cannot replicate this. I have a seidio innocase on my dInc. You guys doing this with or without case?

6. bwthor

bwthor Well-Known Member

I'm 99% certain that the magnets that are above the LCD on the 13" MacBook activate sleep when the screen is closed. Are there any cases that use magnets? That could be a possibility. Other than that, I don't see how it could put it to sleep.

7. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I just tried it and it works on my MacBook Pro 13" as well. I have the soft shell on.

8. mmsomekid

mmsomekid Member

Tried it on my Macbook and it didn't work, so I slid the phone slightly to the left and it immediately fell asleep. I have a silicone case on the Incredible

9. mikeydingo

mikeydingo Well-Known Member

this isnt working for me idk y

10. Maxpilot

Maxpilot Member

My DInc has no case at all. I took the battery out and tried just placing the battery on the left side of my Macbook Pro and it does nothing. I placed the DInc without the battery and back cover in the same spot on the far left side of the computer and it put the Macbook pro to sleep. So the DInc battery is not the cause. It is the DInc itself. The only thing that could be below that spot is the connection for the Macbook Pro battery. The battery level test button is right there. Weird.

11. killalllamas

killalllamas Member

I did it with my 2 piece verizon red hard case on and my dinc can still do it:)

12. ORDarksideD

I got it to work on mine. I had to place it on the far left and it only works with the phone vertical not horizontal.

13. skier10

skier10 Active Member

Is there any chance that trying this could damage the hard drive? (since this is all magnet-related)

14. ORDarksideD

I don't believe so. Macbook Pro's already use magnets to put the device to sleep when you close the lid.

15. luketeh1337

luketeh1337 New Member

That is so strange I randomly slid my phone across my 2007 macbook pro to the right of the track pad and it fell asleep. When i put it in the same spot it wakes up. How strange, as soon as I found this out I had to see if anyone else experienced this too. I would just love to know why it does this and if it could be harmful to my phone or computer

16. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Most likely due to the magnet in the speaker.