• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible Music Through Car Stereo

below_radar_00

Apr 2, 2010
Charleston, SC
Does the Incredible allow you to play music through the Micro USB port or can you only do it through the 3.5mm port? I'm looking at car docks and I've always heard that the USB ports give out better quality audio than the 3.5mm ports. Can anyone confirm this and if the Incredible has a dock for the USB port. I'm looking for an FM transmitter by the way...Thanks!

My roomate has a GoGroove FlexPod for his iPhone and we used it on my Incredible on a long road trip last week and it worked great. It grips the phone well, has a 3.5mm connector and a USB port on the side of the dock for charging. It has hands free as well. Someone called and it paused the music and when I accepted the call I could hear the person through the car speakers and they could hear me through the speakerphone that was automatically enabled. Really neat! I was going online to buy one just now and I saw they actually make the same thing just not a dock and it's bluetooth. Still does hands free calling though. I think I may get this:

Newegg.com - Accessory Power GG-FLEXSMART-X2 In-Car Stereo Bluetooth Adapter

Only have one review but it was 5 stars.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones