Incredible NE2 at Best BuyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Teh_Higgins

Teh_Higgins Member This Topic's Starter

My verizon plan has a NE2 upgrade coming May 23. I've talked to verizon employees and that date is set in stone as far as getting the discount goes (at verizon). Is it any different at Best Buy? Would they possibly be able to get me an Incredible at the NE2 price a month before hand or do i just have to wait?

Advertisement
  2. CrustyJuggler

CrustyJuggler Active Member

I don't know about Best Buy but I've heard of people getting their NE2 a month early so it might be worth trying another corporate VZW store.

Teh_Higgins likes this.
  3. rion_j

rion_j Well-Known Member

I would try calling and speaking with another rep. I got my NE2 from verizon last year a month early. Try calling when it's closer to a month away.

Teh_Higgins likes this.
  4. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

VZ gave me my NE2 a month early almost 2 years ago (got in aug was due for it in sept). the only thing was that they charged me like $25 or something for renewing early on top of it so it wasn't a full NE2 disct. But I got the $100 centro for like $75

Teh_Higgins likes this.
  5. Teh_Higgins

Teh_Higgins Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys, i'll give it a try in a few weeks then. :)

6. Stickboy46

Stickboy46 Well-Known Member

BB can not do early upgrades. Verizon will often allow you to upgrade a few weeks early though it HAS to be done at a corporate store.

7. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

Just called VZ warranty repair because my phone was acting up. They wanted to bump my date up so they didn't have to send me a replacement a week b4 my NE2 comes. If you date is close and you have the warranty you may want to have a "broke" phone and get them to give you the NE2 early.

8. asuwookie

asuwookie Active Member

Just some clarification on the NE2 - I got a BB Curve Sept. of 08. My local store which is NOT a premium retailer says I can upgrade May 11 of this year - that there is a 120 day window. Is that window the same as you guys are referring to? Or can you upgrade even eariler? I know when I had trackball issues back in March one of the reps was willing to "try to call and see if" I could upgrade early since they weren't a cooperate store - the closest was 90 miles away and they couldn't replace or fix the phone.

9. herkulease

herkulease Member

is getting NE2 something new at best buy? Or even at premium retailers?

2 years ago when my NE2 was up I tried going to best buy. I was told I could not use my NE2 credit. I asked them about it and the employees didn't know much because it seemed rather stupid. what's the point of carrying it if you didn't offer the credit and prices for equipment was practically the same as going to verizon store or even online.

10. flyerjoe

flyerjoe Member

The NE2 can only be used at verizon stores or online. It will not be honored by best buy.

11. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member

Wrong. We renewed my wife's contract at Best Buy 2 weeks ago. We got a Droid Eris for free with the NE2.

12. MathewS81

MathewS81 Well-Known Member

I don't know about Best Buy, but I know other 3rd party dealers do require the NE2 to get the discounted price. I tried to buy a Droid a couple months ago using both Amazon Wireless and Wirefly. The order initially went through but was then canceled because my Verizon account was not eligible for the NE2 yet.

13. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

NE2 is actually 22 month long, at least for me. But you can see your day on your my verizon page.

I have been told before though that is not recommended getting new phones at places other then Verizon, it might be cheaper, but there is almost no service and getting replacements and warranty is almost impossible.

14. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

I've read that NE2 comes up @ 10 months of a 1 yr contract, 20 months for a 2 year contract.

FWIW, I tried to use my NE2 at Costco on my last upgrade and they said I couldn't use it there. So it's good to hear that BB has changed their policy to allow people to use their NE2 at BB stores.

15. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

I believe (NOT GUARANTEE) that Best Buy does not technically honor the NE2, BUT, the manager has the ability (not required) to price match what you would pay at a Verizon store after your NE2, so they're just lowering the price $100

16. Pseudoty1

Pseudoty1 Well-Known Member

BB had the Eris for Free to all 2 weeks ago. Picked one up for my wife on a secondary line as an upgrade.

The NE2 at 20 months is to entice you to get a new phone prior to your 24 month contract expiring and have you sign a new 2 year agreement.

17. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member

We did it when my wife got a text from Verizon, so I dont really know exactly how long the term was before we got the new phone. The BB mobile rep had to check the computer to see if we were NE2 eligible, so obviously they were going to honor that.

18. introvert

introvert Member

I called Verizon earlier this week to find out what my upgrade date is. Basically, the NE2 date posted on the site is 20 months into your contract, but I knew that they have an early upgrade deal. While not as good, I'm prepared to use that for the Incredible. Anyway, per the rep I spoke to, the early upgrade is from 12 months to 19 months into my 2 year contract. That puts the date at 6/8/10. I'm hoping I can call back after the Incredible is released and talk them into bumping it up a bit, with the justification that upgrading my phone will bring with it a data package on my plan. I'm hoping that the extra money I'll be putting in every month might assist in getting the phone a bit sooner. Think I'll have any luck? I've never had a late payment and I've been with them for 5 years now. Let's hope!!

19. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

Never hurts to try!

20. mach330

mach330 Well-Known Member

i guess no one knows for sure about ne2 on bb. i do hope they honor it.

21. Shalamay

Shalamay Active Member

I've been trying to find/figure this out too. So far, it seems to be on a store by store bais and is dependant on that store's manager. I've read that it helps to bring in a print out of the phone total (cost) on your verizon page when you are looking at the phones.