Incredible Not Charging RightSupport

Last Updated:

1. Kezlyr

Kezlyr New Member This Topic's Starter

From what I've read on the forums, no one is having the same problem I am. While some people have issues getting the battery to charge to full, I'm having trouble just getting it to charge. I plug in the charger, and the amber light comes on and the battery has a lightning bolt, indicating it's charging. Both of these go away after about two seconds, then come back about three seconds later. And it keeps doing this over and over again. It has had this issue for awhile, but I was always able to play with the charger a bit to get it to work, but now it doesn't go at all. So basically I have to have it plugged in all the time or it will die.

I have two wall chargers: the one that came with the phone (plugs into wall and then uses USB cord) and a strict wall charger (plugs from wall into phone, designed for Incredible.) I have used the USB cord on the charger and on my computer, with the same results. I have taken out the battery and let it sit for awhile, then placing it back in and trying again, with the same results. The only thing that kind of works is turning the phone off and letting it charge (the amber light still turns off every once in awhile, but it's a great deal better than every two seconds.)

However, that isn't really a solution because I need my phone on all the time, including during the night, so I can't turn it off to let it charge for really any extended period of time. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

Since you have the same results with 2 chargers and the PC I suspect a hardware problem with the charging circuit in the phone. You could try a hard reset but I am not convinced that will solve the problem.

I think it is time for a trip to the VZW store.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

This is a sign of fluctuating voltages. As said, if you are getting the same results on PC, and multiple wall chargers, its probably a bad regulator on the phone itself, and should be exchanged ASAP to avoid further damage to your battery (When you exchange it, press them to exchange the battery, too, since it may have been damaged as well).

4. Kezlyr

Kezlyr New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll play around a little more and see if I can get it working, but I'll probably stop by the store when I get a chance.

5. musicgrlcali

musicgrlcali Member

I have the same problem as Kezlyr. It just started today and both of my USB cables will not charge the incredible (2 different PCs). the charging logo doesn't go away every 2 seconds on mine, but the green bar isn't moving like it usually does while charging even with the lightening bolt logo thingy. I reseated my battery and didnt' notice a difference. right now I have the battery out of my incredible in hopes that it will start charging again when I put it back.

6. musicgrlcali

musicgrlcali Member

hooray!! after leaving the battery out for 30+ minutes and then charging it for another 10 minutes while powered off before turning back on my incredible is charging again!

Good luck Kezlyr!!

~Beth