Incredible not functioning.. Pls Help?Support

Last Updated:

1. SDotNY

SDotNY Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phones been great to me up until now.. Im hoping someone on here may know why this is happening or may know how to correct it..

Phone states..

SORRY! Activity Phone (in process android.process.acore) is not responding

it then gives the option to force close or wait.

I can not place any calls, access the phone book, text, anything.

Phone came up earlier with a "low memory" warning but it shows

total space: 748mb
    available space: 582mb

So like I said, I can not do much with this phone right now and I have no idea what to do. I've tried a few battery pulls, left the battery out about a minute each time and no luck with anything. Please help me out if you can.. thanks.

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Sounds like hard reset time. Not sure how to do it on this phone probably something like power and volume down? Google knows :p

SDotNY likes this.
  3. SDotNY

lol yea google knows.. how to piss me off right now atleast.. haha.. this is killing me

4. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

for lack of any other suggestions , i would try a factory reset

Hard reset the HTC Droid Incredible; Android powered smartphone. This will remove all data from the device and set it to factory defaults.
    1. Turn the phone off. If it’s frozen, pull the battery from the device, then replace it.
    2. Hold the Volume Down button and press release the Power button.
    3. Keep holding Volume Down and wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release it.
    4. Press Volume Down to select Clear Storage, and then press the Power button.
    5. When prompted, press Volume Up to confirm your selection.
    The HTC Droid Incredible will then restart and the hard reset will be complete.
    or
    Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
    2. Hold the Volume Down button
    3. Hold the Power button until the display turns on
    4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
    5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
    6. Press and release the Power button to select
    7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
    If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

SDotNY likes this.
  5. SDotNY

That was pretty cool to get into that menu on the INC.. but sux I had to do that. I hope this doesn't happen again or to anyone else for that matter. Thanks for the walk thru Wayne..

6. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

Your very welcome, pay it foward

7. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Well-Known Member

i assume when you do a hard reset, apps like google map updates will need to be re-downloaded again and others too?

8. SDotNY

Yea def.. it's like getting your phone fresh out of the box again.. not a fun thing to do but when my phone wasn't working at all before, the hard reset was worth the headache.