Incredible only rings once....Support

Last Updated:

1. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Droid Incredible will only ring once sometimes. I've tried custom ringtones, default ringtones, I made sure that it is not set to "Quiet on Pickup (or whatever)". It's not like it goes to voicemail or gets cut off, when I look at the screen, the caller is still there, waiting. I answer it and everything goes fine with the phone call. The problem is my work requires me to be on call alot, and if I don't hear my phone ring that first time, I may not get another ring.

It typically only occurs when it is laying on a flat surface, face down but it doesn't happen everytime it is in this position. It used to happen less than once a day, it now happens more often. Today it happened three times before lunch.

Anyone know how to experience this or know how to fix it? Verizon had me do the whole *228 thing...it didn't help at all. I'm on the verge of fully resetting my phone, but ugh!

Advertisement
  2. htcbwb

htcbwb Well-Known Member

I have noticed this also, but know of no cure so far. It only seems to do it every once in a while for me.

3. Viral

Viral Active Member

I've noticed the same thing but it only happens if I have the phone laying down on my wood desk or some other hard surfice..

i think it's the censor that kicks on if it thinks you picked up the phone... I think the vibrator will set it off... just what I think but I'm probably wrong..

4. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I turned vibration off, it still does it when face down...sometimes. This whole thing is weird but the inconsistency is really annoying.

5. huskers388

huskers388 New Member

Same issue. 3 times in last few days.

6. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Anyone figure this out? I absolutely hate this "feature". I leave my phone sitting face down all the time and I didn't realize it was turning off the ring on purpose. I thought my phone was acting stupid.

I know the answer from some may be "Sit it down face up". Sure, that will work but I'd rather turn the face-down issue off completely.

7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Try turning off the "quiet on pickup" setting?

8. callie56

callie56 New Member

How can you set a ringtone for messages??
    Besides the one it already has on it