• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible or Nexus One?

Will you get the Nexus One or the HTC Incredible?

• Nexus One

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • HTC Incredible

Votes: 215 58.6%
  • Whichever comes first

Votes: 60 16.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 58 15.8%

• Total voters
Don't like the N1 because no sense UI, where there's a hack for that. Modaco rom still in alpha testing but it looks great with sense ui. I really like the dual mic on N1 as it will become useful. 8 mp camera and dual led doesnt really matter to me as I have a real camera for that. the hacked rom also made 4 capacitive buttons more responsive, and includes a combination of htc and google widgets.

Modaco nexus one with desire rom.
18/Mar Alpha 16 - MoDaCo Custom ROM with HTC Sense (Desire ROM) - A16: Camera update + Footprints fix - Android @ MoDaCo

Videos with hacked rom
http://www.youtube.com/user/XM5800J

Upvote 0
Don't like the N1 because no sense UI, where there's a hack for that. Modaco rom still in alpha testing but it looks great with sense ui. I really like the dual mic on N1 as it will become useful. 8 mp camera and dual led doesnt really matter to me as I have a real camera for that. the hacked rom also made 4 capacitive buttons more responsive, and includes a combination of htc and google widgets.

18/Mar Alpha 16 - MoDaCo Custom ROM with HTC Sense (Desire ROM) - A16: Camera update + Footprints fix - Android @ MoDaCo

Videos with hacked rom
YouTube - XM5800J's Channel
I prefer the dual mic on the N1 and the sleek design as well,but the POS touch screen sensor, fragile screen, and susceptibility to getting dust under the screen will shy me away from the Nexus One.

Now I just want to know whether or not the Incredible has the same flaws.

Reactions: ryanx27
Upvote 0

Videos with hacked rom
YouTube - XM5800J's Channel
why root a n1 to Sense when you can just buy the Incredible that already has it installed, then you dont have to worry about anything with alphas and betas... :thinking:

And like ^^^^^^ on the Official incredible forums, they said the incredible doesnt have the multi-touch problems the n1 has. :D

Upvote 0
Something I found curious was that the rumored battery for the Incredible is not as good as the one in the Nexus One. So when everyone says that it's not an underclocked 1GHz Snapdragon processor, this doesn't make sense to me. People are complaining of battery life on the Nexus One, and with a worse battery in the Incredible it wouldn't make sense to me to make a phone with the same (or better) specs. Of course, the specs aren't finalized, but no one is questioning the battery that has been listed in all the leaks.

Reactions: ryanx27
Upvote 0
Something I found curious was that the rumored battery for the Incredible is not as good as the one in the Nexus One. So when everyone says that it's not an underclocked 1GHz Snapdragon processor, this doesn't make sense to me. People are complaining of battery life on the Nexus One, and with a worse battery in the Incredible it wouldn't make sense to me to make a phone with the same (or better) specs. Of course, the specs aren't finalized, but no one is questioning the battery that has been listed in all the leaks.
I think the Nexus One uses a 1400 battery whereas the Incredible supposedly has the 1300... so yeah it would--in theory--run out of juice faster.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
why root a n1 to Sense when you can just buy the Incredible that already has it installed, then you dont have to worry about anything with alphas and betas... :thinking:

And like ^^^^^^ on the Official incredible forums, they said the incredible doesnt have the multi-touch problems the n1 has. :D

I will only get n1 if it comes with family plan. Since the hacked rom is for gsm N1 not sure it will work for cdma so i might get incredible. However, Dual mic owns and I wish incredible has that, i need that for phone interviews, while driving in car, and other shyt. I'm sure htc would fix some hardware problems when they ship cdma phones google. Also it's been reported by those people using the rom had no multitouch problems.

Upvote 0
110% on the Incredible, sounds like its going to a beast running. Dont like the track ball on the n1 (have a blackberry) so i know how they are when just a little dirt gets in them. But with a 8 MP camera, sounds like more memory then the n1, same speed 1 ghz, can drive 20 minutes to the Verizon store for support then sending my phone away and waiting for it to come back, and Sense UI 2.1 its a no brainier.
Oh and I kinda like the look of the Incredible so thats not a negative for me on it.

Ill be happy to wait a week or two after the n1 releases for the Incredible, because after both are out I'm sure there will be post saying "I wish I waited and got the Incredible, blah, blah." :D

Well said. Pretty much how I currently feel as well. That COULD change, and "other" factors may sway me towards the N1 later....but as of NOW, I agree 110% with your post! ;)

Upvote 0
I'm really torn on this one. I've been waiting for the Nexus One since last year, when it was the Passion/Dragon. I personally like the look of the Nexus more than the Incredible, but I'm a bit worried about the physical trackball. I'm also concerned about having to send my phone away if something happens to it, instead of being able to go to a Verizon store to replace a busted Incredible.

With that said, I plan to root and ROM whatever phone I do get, which would void the warranty even if I went with the Incredible.

Decisions, decisions...

Upvote 0
With news of the Incredible units being shipped to the warehouse, I would like to bump this and get the discussion juices flowing again since we are most likely going to have to make a decision at some point in this month between these 2 phones.

My question is this: Based purely from a hardware standpoint, which phone will be superior? I am talking screen, processor, memory, etc.

Upvote 0
My decision is made and it's clean cut:

I'm waiting until April 17th. If the Incredible is not announced or out before then, then I am buying a Nexus One and not looking back. I could keep playing the waiting game, but at some point you have to just say "now" is the time. If I don't pick a date, I'll just keep on getting dragged out along with the release of this phone.

Upvote 0
With news of the Incredible units being shipped to the warehouse, I would like to bump this and get the discussion juices flowing again since we are most likely going to have to make a decision at some point in this month between these 2 phones.

My question is this: Based purely from a hardware standpoint, which phone will be superior? I am talking screen, processor, memory, etc.
Since there still isn't anything OFFICIAL about the Incredible, my statements will be based on what we think we know. That said, there really isn't any way that the Nexus 1 is superior to the Incredible from a purely hardware standpoint. Optical trackpad vs. scroll ball. Sorted multitouch screen vs. one that might still have problems. 8 GB extra internal storage vs. nothing. 8 MP camera vs. 5 MP. That's just off the top of my head.

Incredible all the way.

Oh wait, I guess the N1 has an extra 100 mAh in the battery. :p

Upvote 0
Since there still isn't anything OFFICIAL about the Incredible, my statements will be based on what we think we know. That said, there really isn't any way that the Nexus 1 is superior to the Incredible from a purely hardware standpoint. Optical trackpad vs. scroll ball. Sorted multitouch screen vs. one that might still have problems. 8 GB extra internal storage vs. nothing. 8 MP camera vs. 5 MP. That's just off the top of my head.

Incredible all the way.

Oh wait, I guess the N1 has an extra 100 mAh in the battery. :p

Is it a known fact that the Incredible screen doesn't suffer the same problems as the N1? I thought the were the same size, so could be the same screen?

I'm with you Thrillhouse. My patience has ended and I just want a phone at this point. I prefer the Incredible, but I'll take either one and I'll worry about LTE after my 1 year contract ends.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Most likely the same screen. We can hope they are using a better touch sensor.

I do not think the touch sensor is the problem. In the article it goes into much depth about the quality of the screen HTC claims is in the phone. They are claiming certain resolutions, pixel qualities and color... the article says there are many who dispute the claims of the screens statistics. There are also many convincing picture comparisons in the article.

I have yet to see a N1 in person so before I dismiss the screen quality I guess I need to get my hands on one to check out.

Upvote 0
There's just too much info in that article for me to read right now. And to be honest, all I want to know is that images look good and the touch sensor works correctly. There's a ton of in depth testing that could mean absolutely nothing in my real world usage. Can I bring up photos that look good? Does the touch sensor work after crossing points? Does the screen crack if placed in my jeans pocket? Will Verizon actually release a phone this year???

Upvote 0
I do not think the touch sensor is the problem. In the article it goes into much depth about the quality of the screen HTC claims is in the phone. They are claiming certain resolutions, pixel qualities and color... the article says there are many who dispute the claims of the screens statistics. There are also many convincing picture comparisons in the article.

I have yet to see a N1 in person so before I dismiss the screen quality I guess I need to get my hands on one to check out.
I remember there was another article which cites the Clearview 2000 (or whatever it's called) tech manuals and pretty much ousted the limitations of the technology sensor.

Does anyone know what the Droid and iPhone uses?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones