Incredible OS Version Issues...Support

Last Updated:

1. TimoPetro

TimoPetro New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm hoping someone can help me here...

I tried to install the leaked FroYo on my DInc a couple of weeks ago. It didn't work out so well and i decided to downgrade. I followed the instructions/video to downgrade (androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/99828-video-howto-unroot-incredible-downgrading.html), but it didn't go well either... Somehow, the downgrade sort of worked, but my phone is definitely not back to the version of the OS i had before the upgrade (it was originally 2.1 and now it's 2.1-update1). Another weird bit is that this 2.1-update1 installed the Mobile Hotspot feature, Amazon MP3, 720P video recording, Skype, My Verion, and Quickoffice; none of which I had before, and all of which are supposed to be part of the 2.2 update.

I found out today that you could upgrade to 2.2 with a legit Verizon, without waiting for the OTA. When i tried to perform the update, it kept giving me Status 7 error. I've been trying to downgrade to the original 2.2 (no update1) so i can have a clean slate, but it keeps giving me errors. Here are all the stats from the software screen:

Firmware version:
    2.1-update1

Baseband version:

Kernel version:
    2.6.29-2211329c
    htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Build number:
    1.36.605.0 CL203589 release-keys

Software number:

Browser version:
    Webkit 3.1

PRI Version
    1.28_002

PRL version:

ERI version:

I'm really hoping that someone can shed some light on this for me. I'm not a total noob, but I wouldn't call myself an expert on these things... I'd just like to get my phone either back to a state where i can get the OTA update, or install the official 2.2 from Verizon that is hosted on the google site.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...
    Tim

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

3. TimoPetro

I've actually tried that 4 times already, and it keeps failing. When I reboot in recovery, I get an error that says "E:Can't open/cache/recovery/command". If i try "Apply sdcard:update.zip" it gets to about 20% and then gives me the status 7 error and aborts the installation. It also reads "E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip".

So far, no luck... Thanks though. :-/

4. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

Try reinstalling clockwork, then executing that again.

5. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Well-Known Member

And try a different SD card (just in case).

6. TimoPetro

I am actually using a new SD card now. Tried both and it hasn't worked out so well yet. I'll try the clockwork. Crossing my fingers, and thanks for the tips.

7. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Just an FYI: 2.1update1 is the proper 2.1. ( It means 2.1 with 1 update, IE: That OTA that happened in the first week or so of release to fix an exchange issue. )

As for the rest, I don't really know much on the root end. Hopefully you get it going again.