• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Incredible owner that has a question about rooted Fascinates

craigrn16

Android Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
I love the look and feel of the Fascinate and am due for an upgrade. The only thing turning me off from this phone is the forced Bing and the fact that its still on 2.1. As my incredible has 2.2 and has been since I rooted it. Now as a rooted user I wanted to know if you guys solved the force bing problem with custom roms and root? I would like google search when I press the search button. Also is there a 2.2 rom for the fascinate?

Yes, I believe you can debing completely with jts roms. Currently, I do not think there are any 2.2 roms. We just got the dj05 update roms. 2.2 will be coming though. The sf is an amazing phone, you won't be disappointed once you root it. There a ton of mods you can do. Check out the sticky on root at begining of this seub forum. All the major issues have been resolved with the update. 2.2 lost excitement now due to the major update to dj05.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones