OK. I have a pretty interesting and frustrating case... I have one gmail account, using the default gmail app. I also have a separate gmail account, using Exchange ActiveSync. Push does not work for either of my two gmail accounts. 1. default gmail It just doesn't push. Today, i went thru the entire day without noticing the email. at 9PM today, I realized that i had missed an email sent at 8am. The only reason I knew this was because I checked my gmail on my computer. So I tried hitting refresh on my incredible's gmail. After a few seconds, the email showed up, 13 hours after it was originally sent. I kept on sending test emails to my gmail, and it just does not show up on my incredible until i hit refresh. this is supposed to be push email...what's going on..? 2. default "Mail" app - exchange activesync At 9pm, i realized that I had missed 4 emails from throughout the day (a different gmail account). I went into the settings to make sure that the frequency was set to "as items arrive" and realized that it was set to Manual. I thought, aha, i should change this, and i should be fine. However, i realized that I kept on failing to change the setting. I choose "as items arrive" , and then back out to the main settings menu. (there is no such choice as "save"...it's supposed to automatically save the settings and apply as i exit the menu.) But then I realize that when i go back to the settings, it's set back to Manual frequency, meaning that i will never get notified unless i hit refresh every time I want to check my email. Incredible does not even let me change the frequency setting to 5 minutes, 1 hour, or even 1 day check frequency. when i change the setting, it looks as if my changes are being saved, but when i go back, it is always set back to Manual. It allows me to change and save everything else on that settings screen (for example, i can change the "download past mail" settings from 3 days to 5 days, and it will save the changes i've made), but I just cannot seem to succesfully change the setting so that it will push, or even regularly auto-check. Is there anybody out there who is seeing a problem like this? Please share any insights ---- some other facts that may or may not be relevant: - I was using droid eris before changing to this phone. on that phone, I was using the same 2 email addresses...1 using Gmail app, and other using Mail app. - Ever since i got the incredible, about twice a day, i receive a strange text message from number 6200, that says: //BREW:0x01017:TYPE=SAS;UI=0lCONT=0,1,0; - The activation of my phone was somewhat complicated. I was using droid eris. Then I decided to buy the incredible with my sister's phone number (who was using motorola Q...no data plan), so that I can give her the droid eris, and I use the new incredible. So when I got the phone online, I had to initially active it using my sister's number, then active it again using my number, putting her number back into her motorola Q.