Incredible = radio with use of apps?General

Last Updated:

1. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be purchasing an Droid Incredible as soon as it comes out and I can't wait! But I have a general question regarding radio use from apps like last.fm or pandora (I'm coming from an LG Dare... UGH!).

Like an FM transmitter, can these smartphones be connected to a car's auxilary input thing and play the music from apps? I was driving home and I noticed every single station was playing either Rihanna or Imma Bee... Getting sick of listening to the same crap all day long.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

I don't think it has an fm transmitter, just receiver, but you can prob find one to plug into the headphone jack.

I don't know much about aux input things. I know bluetooth will also work if your car has it.

3. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

Yes. Just hook it up and it'll take the audio from the phone and play it over your car speakers.

4. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

Yup, just get a 3.5 M-M cable. I'm guessing this is an aftermarket radio which might be able to receive music via bluetooth as well.

5. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member

Actually, most new cars now have either an aux input (usually in the center console or glove box) or a usb connection with or without aux.

Also, in the 2011 Ford Fiesta (and newer Ford vehicles), there is a feature where the car syncs with the apps on your phone, including Pandora and Twitter.
    Check it out: 2011 Ford Fiesta to include AppLink, voice-control Blackberry and Android apps [w/videos] — Autoblog

renesis22 likes this.
  6. renesis22

Yeah, my car has an aux in plug. So, I would just have to find a cable that is USB/Aux I'm assuming?

7. OnThePharm

OnThePharm Active Member

Nope. The droid has a 3.5 mm jack (normal headphone jack) that should match the one on your radio. You just need a male-male cord.

renesis22 likes this.
  8. renesis22

Goodbye FM radio! :) (If it works... haha)

9. jrbaker8

jrbaker8 Active Member

the only thing fm radio is good for these days is funny morning shows imo...