• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible Repeated SD Card Corruption?

bobalay

Lurker
Jun 8, 2010
I've been using my Incredible since day one and my 8GB SD card had become corrupt 2 times. 1st time it became corrupt I read that it should be formatted via the phone not PC so maybe that was why it happened. Well I formatted it via the phone and have been using it since and now it's corrupt again?

Although I can still use it take and save pics read and write to it when connected via usb or if I take it out and put it in a pc everything seems fine.

My issue is the photos when you view photos almost all photos on the card show up as if they are corrupt the thumbnails are all snowy but if I press on them the picture shows up fine, go back to thumbnail view and they are all snowy again. I've already rebooted the phone, removed the battery and SD card, put it all back together but the thumbnail view still shows pics as snowy.

I am having the same exact same issue you are. Except I am using a 16gb card. For me it's all the pics and video. On the phone everything looks ok but once I hook up my incredible to my PC via usb connection those pictures and video appear corrupted.(not all of them but a majority) I am not able to transfer them or view them on my pc. Thinking it was my pc I tried a 3-4 pc's just to make sure. Same problem through out.

I know I formatted my card via my phone so I am not sure what is going on. Maybe a bad card?

Anyone else have any info on this it will be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Twice, I've had an issue with my card where the phone simply stops seeing it - if I try to play the music on it it tells me that the SD card is not found and then only displays the stock music that comes on the phone.

Both times, removing and reinserting the SD card while the phone was on resolved the issue.

The card is a Class 2 card, some generic brand.

Upvote 0
Not revive an old thread, but I just got this problem after restoring a Nandroid backup. Here is a screenshot:
fwqgeq.jpg

Any way to fix this? Is there a way to rebuild the thumbnail database?

Upvote 0
same problem. I kept getting the "damaged SD..." msg.
I could not see any photos or videos from the card, nothing.
I connected the ph to my pc and opened the SD card folder. PC could see everything. I simply copied everything to my Desktop and then dragged it back to the card. Now, I can see all my photos and videos but, when I go to Astro, it only shows a few folders, none of them pics or videos.
I am not getting the "damaged SD..." msg but obviously all is not right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones