Incredible restarting my computerSupport

Last Updated:

1. SAFC

SAFC New Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if this is a problem caused by the recent update, but when I tried to connect my Incredible to my computer, my computer restarts. I tried other usb devices and they work fine. I have also tried the other usb ports, but it's all the same. When I first got the phone I successfully did this so I know it worked in the past.

Advertisement
  2. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

The phone itself can't restart your computer. My bet is a bad driver ( when you plug the phone in, it tries to access the driver and crashes, thus restart. )

Try uninstalling any drivers for your phone.

SAFC likes this.
  3. SAFC

Thanks, but I tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver and the computer still restarts. What I did notice this time was as soon as the computer recognized the device, my internet explorer window began to open for some reason and that's when the computer restarts.

4. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Well-Known Member

The easiest way to test this is to hookup your Incredible to a different computer. If that computer restarts it's your Incredible sending some kind of bug (unlikely). If you are uninstalling the drivers...remember to uninstall all of them (if it sets your phone up as a modem, hd, etc.)

5. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Ah, that reminds me. They added a CD image with froyo that I believe contains drivers. Perhaps this CD image mounting and attempting to launch is causing the issue. To disable it:

SAFC likes this.
  6. SAFC

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Zemerick. I didn't really understand what your message meant about the CD image, but I did what you said and it worked! I can now sleep tonight!