Incredible Sales Figures?General

Last Updated:

1. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Usually by now there is some sales numbers on a 'huge' new phone. However I haven't seen any sales data or any data coming from analysts regarding the phone. Does anyone know how many they sold from presale time up until this past weekend? Seems kind of odd. They released data quickly with the Droid. Not that I care, just curious.

Advertisement
  2. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

i saw 150,000 being sold thrown around and now vzw being 'sold out' for now. But not sure how acurate that number is so i am adding to the throwing it around lmao

3. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The 150,000 was what was in the warehouse 3 weeks before it was released. The sold out is a marketing ploy to get people to buy. I had a friend purchase her phone 3 days ago and it was shipped the same day.

4. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

yep i have heard both sides, some people getting them the next day others being told they are out and it might be the 14th until they get more....

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I think about 4 or 5 maybe.

6. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Hey, CRPercodani, I've seen you here lately, (as I did in the Droid forums when I had a Moto Droid). Did you pick up an Incredible by chance too?! :D

7. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I have a few of them but got them strictly to sell on eBay, I did play with one for a few days though.

8. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I thought they released the sales data for the Droid about a month after release? Its only been a week (even less than that for those that didn't get it early), so I'd give it some time for VZW to pad the #'s.

9. andydrew

andydrew Active Member

I just ordered my Incredible from verizonwireless.com today. Was finally eligible for NE2. Shipped out today via FedEX standard overnight from Ontario California.

Shortage?? Ship by the 14th?? Yes, it did ship by the 14th. Same day as ordered actually!

10. Mughato

Mughato Active Member

Well, lets not forget to take the returns for dissatisfied customers into account before jumping out of your shoes VZW.

11. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

Sorry to revive an old thread but it's been serveral months now, any info on the sales figures?

12. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

It's been <2 months, when something is released I'm sure the gloating will begin :)

13. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

Don't know exact figures, but here are some comments from Verizon CEO last month as well as the sales figures for HTC:

Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Could Set Sales Record If Not Faced Shortages of Parts, Says Verizon CEO

HTC Sales Hit Record Figures for April Reports Reuters | WorldTech24 | news 24h
    I guess that just includes pre-ordering from April....

14. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Google really screwed up on the Nexus One by only offering it on there Online store. Also I don't know about everyone else but personally if they would have released the Nexus One to VZW I would have jumped to it instead of the Incredible mostly because I like the trackball and I dislike Sense also I think it's a slightly better looking phone. Only real diffrence is no Internal Memory which blows but still I like it slightly better.
    HTC also really dropped the ball on the Incredible not being able to produce them fast enough now with the announcment of the DroidX sales will be dropping and people are going to pull there pending orders .

15. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

i like sense so i would have got the incredible bc i feel its a better phone... i actually think it looks way better than the nexus one

16. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

The Nexus one was a project for Google. It showed the other manufacturers what can be accomplished with an Android phone, since Google was unhappy with previous offerings. It was never meant to be a wide release phone, hence why it was offered in a very limited way and never really marketed. Also, since HTC built it to Google's specs using their hardware list, it has a broken multi-touch system while the HTC branded phones are just fine.

Take it as you will, but after seeing the DInc I forgot about the N1.

17. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Ontario, California? lol I could've stolen it. :p

18. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

I forgot where i saw they had 150,000+ sold, anyway, im sure VZ, HTC, and Samsung are doing all they can to get them out quick. Shipped till 7/20, ouch. Not always the case though. ;)

19. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Sales took a huge hit due to supply issues. My guess is the common view by VZW is the device will sell half of what it could have, due to the shortage. Demand was very high, but supply has been very low- perfect storm for sales misery, considering several options are looming on the horizon. As of today, VZW still can not get supply to fill channels, yet alone cover current orders. Supply replenishment rates are so low, even low level demand would be too much.

I guess "half", since that is the common view from store managers in my area. My guess is the device will sell at least 500K, but due to the positive reviews, large VZW install base and also the Tmo high-end customer bleed rate, Inc would have easily busted 1M in customer sales.

added:

This could still happen, if the Inc's price point is lowered, in order to differentiate from the Moto's and Galaxy S that are looming on the horizon. Heck, that is just the three that are sure bets- there may be other high-end Android devices as well.