Incredible SD CardSupport

Last Updated:

1. tranzue

tranzue Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

First off I'd like to say hello as being I am new here!

But my question is, and sorry if I over looked it, but what was the size of the SD card that came with your phone?

I recently ordered my Droid Incredible and my SD Card shows having 1. 84 GB of space, and internal phone storage as 6.60 GB.

Is this what normally comes with it, because I could have sworn I saw it had more on the SD card that comes with it.

Thanks for the input

Advertisement
  2. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

It's correct. You get a 2gb microSD card. The phone can recognize a higher capacity microSD card, though.

tranzue likes this.
  3. QMeli907

QMeli907 Member

It comes with 8GB internal and a 2GB removable SD Card.

*Actual formatted capacities may be smaller*

4. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

As everyone said, it comes preinstalled with a 2 gig card. Once formatted you lose a little bit of that though, which is why you are seeing 1.84 and not a full 2.0.

The phone will support up to a 32 gig card. The sizes you can get are 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32.

The 32 gig ones are still super expensive so unless you got a lot of money to blow they are not worth it. The cheapest I have found one is $184.

5. Ebaumann

Ebaumann Member

I got mine yesterday and when I mounted the phone as a disk drive it said I have like 1.86 gigs on sd card space, yet the phone when I went through the options said it was only like 748 megs. Odd I guess but I'm not worried since I plan on getting a bigger one anyways

6. Bing

Bing Well-Known Member

Part of the reason 2GB becomes 1.84GB is because there are actually two definitions of "GB":

• 1,000,000,000 bytes
    • 1024MB

The second of those (1024MB) actually means: 1,073,741,824 bytes, a bit more than the even billion given by the first definition.

I'm still annoyed that they get to advertise with the first definition, as that's not the correct one at all. It would be like if I said "here, here's $3 grand" and handed you $2990 instead, claiming it was "close enough" because "$0.99 is almost $1").

7. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

LOL. In all fairness, I would gladly take $2990!! Imagine the accessories I could buy with that... :D

Pretty sure they use the bytes information because it looks and sounds better. It's also a lot easier to understand, expecially when you start getting into much higher gig's and then terabytes.

8. tranzue

tranzue Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you all, for the input.

I just figured I'd check, I thought that maybe because of the "inventory crisis" they may have also did the same with SD cards.

Apparantly not...