• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible Setup Tips/Advice

I will be configuring my daughter's new Incredible later today and was wondering whether anyone had general tips/advice if there are options that need to be considered. I already have an Eris and feel comfortable with the 3rd party apps that I will install, but I recall there being something about choosing Google or phone contacts and what that means.

Also, will VZW transfer her existing phone contacts to the Incredible?

There was nothing special that I know about setup tips although I've only had my incredible since Monday.

About the Contacts. Run whats called "Backup Assistant on her old phone before deactivating it. Once thats successful, activate the Incredible and open Backup Assistant and run it and her contacts will be restored to the Incredible.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones