Incredible Setup Tips/AdviceSupport

Last Updated:

1. Fairfax22032

Fairfax22032 Member This Topic's Starter

I will be configuring my daughter's new Incredible later today and was wondering whether anyone had general tips/advice if there are options that need to be considered. I already have an Eris and feel comfortable with the 3rd party apps that I will install, but I recall there being something about choosing Google or phone contacts and what that means.

Also, will VZW transfer her existing phone contacts to the Incredible?

Advertisement
  2. mosabi

mosabi Active Member

There was nothing special that I know about setup tips although I've only had my incredible since Monday.

About the Contacts. Run whats called "Backup Assistant on her old phone before deactivating it. Once thats successful, activate the Incredible and open Backup Assistant and run it and her contacts will be restored to the Incredible.

Hope this helps.

3. tbta02

tbta02 Well-Known Member

create a gmail account and sync your old phone before deactivating it .it will save all your contacts to your computer .when you set up your inc and enter your gmail info it will auto put all contacts into your phone and email adresses

4. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

I second tbta02, this was the easiest way for me to get all of my contacts from my BlackBerry (Google Sync to my Google contacts); I didn't really want to manually enter 200+ contacts, lol.

5. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

Set-up a Gmail Account website, this allows you manage your Gmail when your on your computer and manage/use your Google Voice.