Incredible stopped syncing with Outlook 2003Support

Last Updated:

1. pamBot

pamBot New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, the android guy keeps telling me not to be shy as I search the community for answers. So this is my first post.
    I usually find the solution here but I am going around in circles with my latest issue. So here I am and I could use some assistance. For some unknown reason, my Incredible has stopped syncing with Outlook 2003 this week. It goes through the motions but no sync both ways.

I do not want to use Gmail for calendar and contacts. I bought the phone because of it's ability to sync with Outlook. Previous I was a loyal Palm user for years, but was disappointed with their newest phones so bought the Incredible.

I recently had the battery changed (free from Verizon) after the update because the phone would not hold a charge and would get hot. Got everything up and running again and sync worked fine.
    Now it's not syncing again and I can't fix it this time. I am very frustrated. Palm gave me good support. HTC has been so disappointing.
    I need this phone to work and stop wasting my time! Thanks for letting me vent.
    Thanks for any ideas, and even better, solutions! As long as you don't tell me to root - I'm not as smart as you guys!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up. Feel free to join the conversations! :D

Let me get you the help you need by moving your thread to the Incredible section. Good luck! :D

pamBot likes this.
  3. jeezuz

jeezuz Active Member

Try an app called touchdown, it's the only one I can use for my touchy work email. It has a few problems and is far from perfect but at least works most of the time.

Still waiting for blackberry style email solution on Android, pretty sad how long that's taking.

pamBot likes this.
  4. bjtcars

bjtcars Well-Known Member

pamBot likes this.
  5. pamBot

jeezuz, thanks for the suggestion. I am not using Exchange so Touchdown probably wouldn't help. Can't believe you had to pay for an app so your Outlook would work properly.

6. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem - periodically my calendar stops syncing unless I use the "repair" settings to force the phone to overwrite the desktop. Contacts seem unaffected. Uninstalling and reinstalling HTC sync when I rooted the phone fixed it temporarily - now it's started up again, so I'm about to reinstall again and see if that works.

7. pamBot

bjtcars, thank you. I believe I had already done this before but am doing it again. I know I tried to repair it many times unsuccesfully for what it is worth. So I have my fingers crossed and hoping for the best! It's still slowwwwly syncing and I've noticed a lot more contacts (duplicates) which is easy to clean up (again).

8. pamBot

:(
    Well I have uninstalled and reinstalled HTC sync twice and it is communicating by adding more than 2 duplicates of the contacts, adding Null to contact fields that were empty (they were companies) arrghhh. No calendar sync at all. My test contacts and appts on the phone did not sync to Outlook. So I am cleaning up the duplicates AGAIN. Thank you ODIR.

One more try then I am giving up and using the Incredible only as a phone with perks and not a PDA. Ridiculous.

I have an iTouch which syncs seamlessly with Outlook and can even sync with Outlook 2010 so I am hopeful that some day Verizon will get the iPhone with better phone coverage than it currently has.