• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible stress test?

So with this theory do you not own car insurance either?

You can be as careful as you want, but accidents happen. Its nice to know that if it ever does happen you're covered.

I agree, they do happen, but if you're careful then you are less likely to have them.

I don't have insurance, but do plan on purchasing the Seidio Rugged whenever it comes out. Or the Otterbox, if it beats it out.

To each their own, I guess. And to answer your question, I do have car insurance. Full coverage on all 3 of my vehicles, even though two of them are paid off (09 Aprilia Shiver, 06 Jetta). I think my Motorcycle and work car are just a little bit more expensive to replace. If I break my phone, $550 isn't that big of a deal...Unless I end up eating my own words! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I think the big problem with the Incredible is if you drop it and it lands even on it's back, putting all the force to one spot (the camera lens) which will result in a shattered screen. At least that's what it looks like from the pictures around here.
I've dropped mine twice from about 4feet and haven't had any damage but I have a Verizon Silicon Case which gives it a little protection but mostly makes it so the camera lens isn't sticking out
Unless you drop it literally horizontally parallel to the floor, that shouldn't matter. I would say most people drop their phones, where a corner/edge hits the ground first, which in essence is the same logic as what you said. That corner/edge takes all the impact, thus all the force, and pushes it through the phone.

Upvote 0
I have dropped mine by accident, missed my cell phone pocket on my jeans:(. It hit concrete on the bottom left corner and is now splintered in the corner with one crack running all to way to the top right corner. Lucky I have the Verizon insurance but the phone is apparently on back-order. Phone still works like a champ though. I will post pictures when i can get to another phone to capture with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones