Incredible stuck in boot look, what will verizon do?Support

Last Updated:

1. ethai93

ethai93 New Member This Topic's Starter

I started playing a market-installed game called Slide it! on my phone, when the game froze. I pulled the battery and restarted, and now my phone is stuck in a boot loop. I suspect that the game is causing the problem. Unfortunately, the boot loop is stuck at the first "HTC Incredible" screen, so I can't boot it into Safe Mode to try uninstalling the game. I've tried a factory reset and that doesn't fix it, so now I'm at a loss for what to do. I'm thinking about taking it to Verizon to see if they can fix it, but 1) my phone is rooted (I changed the boot screen to the INCredible rEVOlution one) and 2) it's had water damage before (about two weeks ago, but has been working fine since then), so the indicators are red. Any suggestions as to what to do?

Advertisement
  2. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

Have you been able to get to hboot and install a new ROM or restore a nandroid backup? Is it SLCD or AMOLED?

3. ethai93

Yeah, I can get to the hboot screen. I tried to restore a nandroid backup, but it did the same thing, after the HTC Incrdible screen, the screen turns black and it goes back to the Clockwork Mod Recovery menu. I'm not sure if it's SLCD or AMOLED...I ordered it in late June and received it in late July, if that helps.

4. cad

cad Member

Sounds like you know what they would say...

5. ethai93

Yes, I have a good feeling ): At this point, I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion as to how to save the phone?

6. ethai93

Update: I tried flashing the very first nandroid backup I ever made, before I installed any custom ROMs and that was successful! I do miss Virtuous ROM, though....