Incredible to "sync" google apps and gmail account?Support

Last Updated:

1. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have my original gmail account "slaved" to my google apps account, so when I log in to user@gmail.com it displays my google apps user@domain.com as being logged in.

For most things this is great, but now with the android phone there are some gotchya's

First was the Market. I had to create yet another gmail account to buy anything off the market, because when I sign in to my 'gmail' account on my phone it signs me in as an apps user.

Second, is my google voice (attached to gmail) has its own set of contacts associated with my gmail account, and they are not synced with my google apps account.

I was hoping the phone would sort of mesh them together, however I'm not seeing that.

On my iPhone I was using soocial, however they recently stopped allowing unlimited contacts and their new free limit is below my number of contacts.

Is there a way for the phone to keep these to contact lists "connected" and synced together?

TIA,

Dallace

Advertisement
  2. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok,

So I decided to say 'screw it' and I added gmail back to my gmail.com account that was 'slaved' to my google apps account. It appears that it worked fine...

Unfortunately, my goal was to have my gmail.com and my domain.com accounts stay synced together via the phone.

What happened is my phone now has double the contacts with links to each google account. For the most part only one contact is displayed (not sure what caused some of them to not auto link) but removing one of them on my phone removes it off the respected account and not the other.

Again, I was hoping the phone would be sort of the central point of contact and work things out in magical google fashion...