Incredible turn on

Last Updated:

1. jamok

jamok New Member This Topic's Starter

Occasionally the Incredible keeps turning it self on, any answers on adjusting that quirk.

Advertisement
  2. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Do you really mean it's turning itself on, or do you mean it is waking up by itself from sleep mode?

3. jamok

Yes it turns itself on after I power off.

4. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert, but that sounds truly weird...maybe it's defective? You held down the power button and then selected "power off", right? And you don't have a case or anything pressing on the button?

5. jamok

If it continues I'll take it in to Verizon. Has any one else had this problem?

6. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

Could it be in a bag where something is putting pressure on the power button? I've read about it being pretty sensitive. I've also read about an issue where the power button recesses into the phone due to friciton with teh battery case. People have solved this by either taking it to VZW, or filing a tiny bit of material off the part of the back cover that touches the power button.

If the phone is sitting on the table by itself and turns itself in, there's a problem; take it to Verizon. I haven't heard of this issue before, so hopefully it's an isolated incident.